LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Beginner Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've got a question regarding the workflow in regard to how on occasions I might want to use some of the individual images taken as part of a timelapse as separate images to post process and use on their own merits.
I know that when I use LRTimelapse I have to have all the images in one folder but presumably when the software does its magic it will alter the basic metadata of those images and so if I try to make duplicates of certain of those images it will have changed the underlying image?
All of the above is a long method of saying if I do want to use some of the individual images separately how do I do it? I know lightroom spots duplicate images so if I try to import twice will it let me? and presumably if it does I will have to put in a separate location to the new files?
If somebody has a workflow with an easy way to accomplish this I would be grateful to hear what is the best way to do it?
Thanks
Pete
Hi Pete, LRTimelapse is not going to alter your images in any way. It only processes the develop settings inside the metadata.
I usualy just make virtual copies of images I want to use otherwise in Lightroom. This will not affect the LRTimelapse workflow (since the virtual copies are only in the Lightroom catalog) and allow me to use LRTimelapse and some images from the sequence with different edits / ratings etc.

If you however want to physically copy your images you can as well tell Lightroom not to ignore dupes on import, so they will be imported again from a separate location.
Thanks Gunther, that's where I went wrong to start with because I did the opposite, I tried to make virtual copies in the folder and then do LRtimelapse on them!
So I need to do it the other way round and presume I have to put them in a collection?

Thanks
Pete

(2013-02-25, 12:00)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Pete, LRTimelapse is not going to alter your images in any way. It only processes the develop settings inside the metadata.
I usualy just make virtual copies of images I want to use otherwise in Lightroom. This will not affect the LRTimelapse workflow (since the virtual copies are only in the Lightroom catalog) and allow me to use LRTimelapse and some images from the sequence with different edits / ratings etc.

If you however want to physically copy your images you can as well tell Lightroom not to ignore dupes on import, so they will be imported again from a separate location.