LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Moorhuhn Bird-erasor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all and hi Günther,
Excellent and beautiful, inspiring site. You helped me a lot getting started with time lapse stuff. One question/remark. I think that you seem to do take care of birds, but not always or, lets say, always consistently. For example in Baltic Skys in minute 0:21; 1:50; 2:10; 2:20 - 2:30 you see some birds flying around, but during minute 2:50 you see birds in the reflection of the water but NOT in the sky...;-) so I guess you deleted them in the sky and not their reflection...
Myself, I often have a lot of (many) nasty pigeons on my time lapses; they live on the roof on the building I like to take pictures from (http://video.wetteronline.de/?t=20110807...Zeitraffer). They "spoil" a lot of timelapses of which manually killing them consumes a lot of time. So, a suggestion for your tool: a "Moorhuhn" plugin ;-).
Cheers,
Paul

BTW: can Lightroom help with wind-spoiled photo series? I do not know if it is the whole building or the fence to which my camera was attached to or my camera itself; on windy days (Beaufort 5-6) I have ugly shakes in my time lapses.
Hello Paul,
nice Idea ;-) I hardly ever erase any birds and certainly didn't in baltic skies ;-), I don't know where the effect comes from... And I fear it would be quite impossible to make an automatism for this... So you will have to continue cloning out manually, or use a ND-Filter to obtain longer exposure times - that's what I would recommend.

Regarding the shaking: I cannot stress enough to use a stable tripod, usually you can trash unsteady shots, I'm not aware of any solution that can fix those effects to that extent we would need for a steady timelapse.

Best regards
Gunther
Hi Gunther,

That's funny... you clearly see birds in the water... but not in the sky.

But you certainly agree that one sees the birds (rather stains), right, although frame rate is 30 fps. I still think they should be/can be taken care of considering the esthetic level of your work. I mean, one would not object and say the artefacts are natural and therefore erasing them would not be allowed.

The ND-filter is an interesting idea though as well... I will try it.

With regard to my camera:... it was really tightly attached to its base... As the building is exposed to wind, I think it is the whole buildings' shaking! A good/better tripod would probably not help very much.

A Google research I did produced some "Ebenen automatisch Ausrichten" hits in Adobe CS3 or 4 and I think that looks like an adequate measure ... as long as you do not have to do it manually I think it is try-able and do-able. Posing to me the problem I do not have the software ;-), alas.

So... probably another idea.
Cheers...
Paul

(2011-08-29, 23:29)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Paul,
nice Idea ;-) I hardly ever erase any birds and certainly didn't in baltic skies ;-), I don't know where the effect comes from... And I fear it would be quite impossible to make an automatism for this... So you will have to continue cloning out manually, or use a ND-Filter to obtain longer exposure times - that's what I would recommend.

Regarding the shaking: I cannot stress enough to use a stable tripod, usually you can trash unsteady shots, I'm not aware of any solution that can fix those effects to that extent we would need for a steady timelapse.

Best regards
Gunther

(2011-08-30, 01:48)Lapsedancer Wrote: [ -> ]But you certainly agree that one sees the birds (rather stains), right, although frame rate is 30 fps. I still think they should be/can be taken care of considering the esthetic level of your work. I mean, one would not object and say the artefacts are natural and therefore erasing them would not be allowed.
Yes, normally one should remove them, you are right.

Quote:A Google research I did produced some "Ebenen automatisch Ausrichten" hits in Adobe CS3 or 4 and I think that looks like an adequate measure ... as long as you do not have to do it manually I think it is try-able and do-able. Posing to me the problem I do not have the software ;-), alas.

It might be technically possible, though I'm not planning to implement that in LRTimelapse because it would be very complex (if possible) and normally shaking is not a problem with the camera fixed steadily.

Best regards
Gunther
[quote='Lapsedancer' pid='872' dateline='1314658121']
Hi Gunther,

I did not trash the series, I semi-automatically aligned them.. 1500 exposures ;-)(
With AutoIt and Photoshop one can process 5-6 exposures per minute.
(AutoIt is a free, excellent macro-tool (but with some strange bugs). It executes Photoshop and you do only the adjustments manually (5 pixels right, 7 Pixels up; "Next")). This is the result:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hv9oGukoe8
It is a composite from a timelapse take from the harvester, and, from the same spot, a time lapse from the sky; made a day later or so.
The time lapse of the sky was mega-windshaken, now it is perfectly steady (the upper pixel rows reveal how much I shifted the exposures respectively). The ground scene is not so wind shaken as was the sky time lapse but still notably unsteady, as one can see.
CHeers,
Paul