LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: can't save the stubs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm not able to save the stubs somehow. I've given 777 to ~/.lrtimelapse/* as you see below and added "usestubs=false" line to user.props file. But still it gives following error below.

I'm running OS X Lion and LR-Timelapse v1.51.

What would be the problem?

$ ls -la
drwxrwxrwx 4 borabaysal staff 136 Aug 31 13:24 .lrtimelapse
drwxrwxrwx 3 borabaysal staff 102 Aug 30 16:24 stubs
-rwxrwxrwx 1 borabaysal staff 121 Aug 31 13:30 user.props
drwxrwxrwx 2 borabaysal staff 68 Aug 30 16:24 1153108200

--
Could not write stub for _DSC0525.xmp. Is /Users/borabaysal/.lrtimelapse/stubs/1153108200/._DSC0525.jpg writable?
Could not write stub for _DSC0526.xmp. Is /Users/borabaysal/.lrtimelapse/stubs/1153108200/._DSC0526.jpg writable?
344 files sucessfully saved.
344 stubs could not be saved.

To be able to save the stubs for quicker access LRTimelapse must be able to write to the folder
/Users/borabaysal/.lrtimelapse
Please set the appropriate read/write permissions for the folder and all subfolders and files.
--

Thanks,

-Bora
I have had the same problem using v1.5.2

i have tried both RAW and JPG options, neither will work, it just says:

Could not write stub for IMG_2695.xmp. Is /Users/dylanwiehahn/.lrtimelapse/stubs/101925413/.IMG_2695.jpg writable?

i have tried to find where i could download an older version of the program and try that but can't seem to find any download links.

thanks
Dylan

Hi.
I had the same problem. For me the solution was to make "hidden files" visible and then I found out that the .lrtimelapse folder was not there at all. So I made it myself and afterwards changed the permission to "everybody" could Read/write and then "add to inclosed items".

After that there was no problem saving the stubs.

hope it works for you to.

you can google how to make folders visible in terminal and just copy/paste the commands.
If this still does not work you might have to rebuild the Preferences using Disk Utility. This made it work for me.

I just made an FAQ Entry with a step by step instruction to fix
this.

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-mac-...rite-stubs