LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Problem with Holy Grail workflow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gunther, I am new to the software and followed your workflow exactly from the tutorial. After I edit my keyframes in LR4.4, I saved them and returned to LRT2.3.1 and did the Reload button and then the Auto Transition. My exposure line does not look like yours in your video where the holy grail keyframes have a jump from the right to the left. Mine are still on the same line. When I look at my video in the preview window of LRT, it still has the jumps in exposure.

One thing I'm wondering: my metadata has always been stored in the catalog file rather than sidecar xmp files. Is that a problem for LRT? If so, I don't really want to change my preference for all my files. What should I do?

Thanks, Jan
LRT requires xmp files, it does not interrogate lightroom catalogues for metadata...
From lightroom documentation:
"In order for changes made in Lightroom to be recognized by other applications, metadata must be written to XMP."
(2013-04-10, 19:22)alexnail Wrote: [ -> ]LRT requires xmp files, it does not interrogate lightroom catalogues for metadata...
From lightroom documentation:
"In order for changes made in Lightroom to be recognized by other applications, metadata must be written to XMP."

Is there a way to do it just for the one folder rather than changing my whole workflow? Also, when you hit command-S (Save Metadata) doesn't that write the edits to XMP?
(2013-04-10, 19:40)jhsidoc Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to do it just for the one folder rather than changing my whole workflow? Also, when you hit command-S (Save Metadata) doesn't that write the edits to XMP?

I have just started as well, both in Lightroom and LRT, but what you are suggesting ( saving changes to XMP files ) happens to only the folder you are working on within LRT and Lightroom, it will not have any impact on your workflow from Lightroom on any other folders.

Can't be sure what Cmd -S does from where I am now, but it is sure to be in the documentation or shown next to the command in the Menu system.
Cmd-S (Ctrl-S) will exactly do that: write the metadata to XMP.
Please make sure you are in Grid View (G) and have selected all images!