LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Order of images past mid-night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you load a images that were taken over midnight (0:00), the images after midnight load first and the ones before midnight after. Date seems to be ignored. As I look closer it is not even that. This happend as a result of not setting the time on my GoPro:

First image (as loaded by LRTimelapse) - 2011-11-07 00:09:59
Image 279 - 2011-11-07 00:33:14
Image 280 - 2011-11-06 21:28:54
Image 2212 (Final Image) - 2011-11-07 00:09:54

Images were taken every 5 seconds. I am new to this software, but I believe I am doing it right. I do not see a way to reorder the images.

Lightroom has ordered the correctly.

Thank you,
Mark
Hi Mark!

I'm new to this software as well and just had a similar problem. At my files it wasn't the date but the file names that caused a wrong order of the images. At my Canon camera a new folder will be written after image 9999. I passed this threshold during my shooting session. I had images 9931-9999 in folder 100EOS5D and images 0-330 in another folder called 101EOS5D on my camera. I copied all the images into the same folder on my desktop. Of course Windows made a wrong order of the images, showing 0-330 before 9931 to 9999 because they were ordered according their names instead of their time beeing taken. It was the same in LRTimelapse.

What I did was hitting the "Sort by filename" buton twice. Than LRTimelapse took the exact time (containing seconds) to order the images. Maybe this trick works as well at your sequence of images?

Greetings

Stephan
(2013-04-15, 19:46)Stephan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Mark!

I'm new to this software as well and just had a similar problem. At my files it wasn't the date but the file names that caused a wrong order of the images. At my Canon camera a new folder will be written after image 9999. I passed this threshold during my shooting session. I had images 9931-9999 in folder 100EOS5D and images 0-330 in another folder called 101EOS5D on my camera. I copied all the images into the same folder on my desktop. Of course Windows made a wrong order of the images, showing 0-330 before 9931 to 9999 because they were ordered according their names instead of their time beeing taken. It was the same in LRTimelapse.

What I did was hitting the "Sort by filename" buton twice. Than LRTimelapse took the exact time (containing seconds) to order the images. Maybe this trick works as well at your sequence of images?

Greetings

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

That was IT! Thank you, I really appreciate you calling my attention to that.

Mark
Normally the sorting upon Exif-date will happen after initializing the sequence. If it doesn't the check/uncheck like described above will force a resorting.