LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Total Exposure and flickering issues. Holy Grail Method
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LRTimelapse 2.3.1 for Mac
LR 4.2

Hi all,

I am having the same issue than our friend Kazz see this post http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-holy...g-problems where I find difficulties matching de total exposures.
The final results after deflickering and rendering are the same (brightness jumps between ** and *** :-().
I've used the exposure time change during the timelapse. ¿Maybe exposure time change to high?? I went form -2 to + 1 in the camera light meter.... I don't know...
I've also tried manual exposure changes after matching but still no good.
For more information:
I started with a shutter speed of 1/125 and I ended with 6.
Aperture f13
ISO 100

Also... (this is really weird!) the transition does not follow my instructions.
This should be just a zoom in to the right (as seen at the end of the timelapse), but from the beginning of the timelapse.
If you can see closely at the beginning does a little zoom out and again zooms in without control.
What I did was: Crop at the first image and crop at the last one.

I will appreciate suggestions or help on this in order to improve my timelapses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2zuM3uDRBQ

Thanks!!
336 views a not a single comment or suggestion??
Any help/advice?
I'll be very grateful

Thanks!
The jumps do not seem to bad to me..one at about 4 seconds and another 10 second maybe, but looks good to me.

Are you using 'Match Total Exposure' in Lightroom to match the ** and *** keyframes?

As for the crop issue..No idea ..I have seen a few other threads about this too.
LRT seems to add a crop by itself, even when NOT using the 'Set 16:9 "setting.

I have tried a few times and never even use the crop tool in Lightroom, but the sequence always ends up with a crop when reloading back in LRT.
(2013-04-21, 10:40)NeilP Wrote: [ -> ]The jumps do not seem to bad to me..one at about 4 seconds and another 10 second maybe, but looks good to me.

Are you using 'Match Total Exposure' in Lightroom to match the ** and *** keyframes?

As for the crop issue..No idea ..I have seen a few other threads about this too.
LRT seems to add a crop by itself, even when NOT using the 'Set 16:9 "setting.

I have tried a few times and never even use the crop tool in Lightroom, but the sequence always ends up with a crop when reloading back in LRT.

NeilP,

Thanks for your response.

I did use "Match Total Exposure" between ** and ***.
That's why I think it does not work really well, because after matching both frames I still can see a difference in the exposure.
Perhaps I am too picky and that's the best results you can get by following the holy grail method.

In relation to the crop issue maybe Gunther could give us a little feedback.
If there is still a jump and a mismatch between frames after 'Match Exposure' in Lightroom, then a bit of manual tweaking in using your own judgement, has to be the answer, after the Match Exposure. Bring up the two images in XY display in LR to better match the frame exposures.
(2013-04-21, 19:17)NeilP Wrote: [ -> ]If there is still a jump and a mismatch between frames after 'Match Exposure' in Lightroom, then a bit of manual tweaking in using your own judgement, has to be the answer, after the Match Exposure. Bring up the two images in XY display in LR to better match the frame exposures.

Good tip NeilP. I'll give a try.

Thx!
If you get weird results with crop animation please double check that the aspect ratio is fixed (lock symbol closed) and does not change between keyframes!

Regarding the Match Total Exp: smaller "jumps" always work better, I wouldn't go for changes bigger than 1EV when shooting.