LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: JPEG problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Gunther,

I trying something new out for me.
And because it's not so important footage, I shot it in JPEG, since RAW or DNG slows my computer down seriously and I just want to see what it does.

Now when I do everything the same as my usual workflow with DNG files, the problems appears at the end.

I have done everything like it supposed to be: Initialse, Def. Ref. Area, Keyframes, Save, Reload, Transistions, Deflicker, Save.

But when I get back in Lightroom and 'Read metadata from files' to get the right adjustments for each file, nothing changes.

Apparently none of the non-key framed files, has been changed.

How's that possible?

Thanks!
You could check the Logfile if something weird is happening, maybe LRTimelapse has no rights to write to the JPGs or whatsoever, normally that should work just fine.
(2013-05-07, 12:01)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]You could check the Logfile if something weird is happening, maybe LRTimelapse has no rights to write to the JPGs or whatsoever, normally that should work just fine.

I already forgot I wrote this. :p

It's working fine now. But at first it didn't write the newly changed metadata to the files. Maybe I forgot to initialise the files. I don't know.

But after 2 days I tried again. And it worked fine. Smile

LRTimelapse is such an amazing tool!

Here's the result. It was just a test, hence the jpegs, otherwise I would have done it in RAW, of course Wink

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzhercy53oc5d7...versie.mp4

I have to tell the light conditions were really tricky. The sun was setting through a willow tree, which involves in shattered sunlight. Because of that constantly changing light and my 30 sec interval there's this part in the middle that had some quickly shadow/light changes in it. But that's not flicker.

Anyway it was just a test and I'm kinda happy with the result.
I'd also unscrewed my lens a bit, so the aperture stayed locked.

One question. Which settings with the warp stabilizer would you use for reducing camera shake between frames?

Thanks again for responding that quickly! Even when you're somewhere around the world you answer so fast. Smile
Glad you figured it out.
Regarding the Warp-Stabilizer, normally try with the defaults. Sometimes you have to experiment a bit - unfortunately it depends of the sequence so there is no one-for-all recommendation...