LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: What is 'low memory'?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just purchased LRTimelapse and have immediately run into a problem. I have a machine with 12 GB of memory, 64 bit Win 7 (although I know that LRTimelapse only works in 32 bit mode, which might explain the memory problem?). I have a sequence of around 8500 images (small raws in dng format) located on an external Mybook.

Initially I started LRT in large memory version. It told me that my memory was not large enough. I reduced the preview size to 500x333. I restarted LRT in large memory version and selected the same folder. Upon starting to build the previews it once again gave me the memory warning.

Is this because the images are on the external HD? Should I move them to an internal drive? I have a raid 0 drive on it but did not want to clog this up with 72 GB of images.

I also have a regular C drive with tons of room, but on which I do not normally do any work.

How will I get over this lack of memory warning? I loaded the program in low memory version and it seems to be building the previews, but I presume this version will cause the whole process to be very slow?

Thanks for any help on this.
I didn't get an answer on this, so while waiting to hear I uninstalled the Java versions I had running on this computer and then downloaded and installed the latest versions. Once they were installed (32bit and 64 bit) the program worked okay.
Thank you for your feedback. Normally you should fine just using the default launcher (not the large memory one).