LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Gunther / Friends, 23.976 or 29.97 ( I'm sure this has been asked already)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which to use?

My thoughts: Could be wrong?

Stay at 29.97 for any Online or Broadcast related end point.

Use 23.976 / 24fps if it was going to be used with transfered to 35mm film or a 24p project, DVD, Blue Ray

Also

Is it easy to convert a 4444 sequence that is in 29.97 to 23.976 in FCP or will I have to re-sequence it at 23.976 in AE. I have someone who wants some of my stock footage that I sequenced at 29.97 They want to use it in a project I'm sure has been shot in 24p. I assume it would have to be converted -right OR can they just drop in the 29.97 time lapse clips into a 24p project.
For timelapse I would just "interpret" footage in After Effects, then it will just play back faster/slower but no frames will be dropped.
(2013-05-23, 18:11)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]For timelapse I would just "interpret" footage in After Effects, then it will just play back faster/slower but no frames will be dropped.

Gunther,

But there is a "Composition Settings" option that seems to automatically go to 30 fps. I set that to 29.97.

Its interesting that no frames are dropped? How does that work?

I'm more concerned about what I should deliver it to for a 24p / 23.976 project if all my Master sequences are at 29.97---and if they will be able to use the 29.97. I hate to have to re-render--takes forever ! They can re-render !