LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Mayday! Mayday!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I travelled to London the other day, and the weather played ball, which was somewhat unexpected, and I shot just under 1400 images, some of which are very nice, however the graph is very very frightening!

[Image: LCAexposure.jpg]

Really I had not intended at any point to over expose any of the images.

The exposure of the first frame is pretty much as I'd like it to be, and the exposure of the last frame is pretty much right.

How can I make the exposure gradually transition from one to the other?

Thanks again for all your help!

Chris.

Ps. It was hugely windy so I might need to deshake this somehow.

That looks weird, whats the reason for that sharp changes in exposure? Never seen that. Could there be a sorting problem? Or did you or your cam change Expsure in "jumps" whilst shooting??
(2011-09-16, 15:37)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]That looks weird, whats the reason for that sharp changes in exposure? Never seen that. Could there be a sorting problem? Or did you or your cam change Expsure in "jumps" whilst shooting??

The sharp jumps are me altering the shutterspeed and laterly the ISO to try to keep the shots reasonably exposed as the sun set.
Oh - okay, you did that really often then ;-)

You could try to follow my advices in the "holy grail" tutorial, it will be a lot of manual work ;-) - but doable!

I would recommend for the next time not changing the exposure so often... Usually, I make 3 to 6 changes, normally that's sufficient....
I had no option because of the transition from the sun being in full view to it having set and beyond.

Is there any easy way I can force your program to make my exposures match one of the following red curves?

[Image: LCAexposureA.jpg]

or

[Image: LCAexposureB.jpg]
You could try with deflicker and set smoothing to a high value. Than you must trial and error with the amount slider...