LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Reference area on moving shots...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use my new Stage Zero with an eMotimo TB3 to move between shots.
How does this effect workflow?
Is LRTimelapse useful at all for deflickering with this method?
Sure, why not? I do that all the time... But regarding deflickering: that's only one use of LRTimelapse. I always recommend taking care of flicker while shooting!
Best
GUnther
(2013-06-03, 16:33)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, why not? I do that all the time... But regarding deflickering: that's only one use of LRTimelapse. I always recommend taking care of flicker while shooting!
Best
GUnther
Okay, if the frame is changing over time, the reference square is moving, and the average brightness it calculates will be meaningless, no?
My deflicker is very minimal, but I would still like to deflicker it.
Do I need to use a different program to deflicker than LRTimelapse if I am using my eMotimo to create a moving shot?
Can I use different reference points over time with LRT--make the box, use it for a few frames, then move the box--as the scene changes due to movement?
You can animate the reference are to compensate for that, if you feel that it does make sense for your sequence. Just set the reference area on the first frame then go to another frame and set another reference are, you will then be asked, if you want to animate it.
(2013-06-04, 10:26)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]You can animate the reference are to compensate for that, if you feel that it does make sense for your sequence. Just set the reference area on the first frame then go to another frame and set another reference are, you will then be asked, if you want to animate it.

Got it.
Thank you for this.
I will try this!