LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: keyframe changes not being applied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys,
I'm new to the forum, so I apologize if this has been asked before. I have followed the steps outlined on the website, and have had some great results. But, I have a few sequences that just refuse to work. Here's the issue:

Once I have edited and saved the metadata for my keyframes in LR, I move back to LRTimelapse and finish the second row of commands, before moving back into LR to read the metadata again. As LR reads the metadata for the second time, it re-sets all of the images back to their original base settings. (normally I would check the newly edited images, export the slideshow, and be done with my workflow, but instead it looks like I am starting from the beginning)

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help!

Whit
There is one bug in the current version 2.3.1 of LRTimelapse - if you apply an auto transition on an already deflickered sequence, it will reset the yellow curve. In that case please just turn on deflicker, and agree to the dialog asking if you will remove former deflicker settings. Then turn off defliker again via the checkbox. Now you are good to make the auto transition.

Please let me know if that solved your problem.
Thanks for getting back to me, but that did not seem to work. I tried it a number of times, but it never prompted me to clear the previous data. It is still removing all of the changes I make in LR after reading the metadata at the end of the second LRTimelapse sequence. I tried clearing the metadata and starting over, but had the same result.
Can you check the log file (info/log) and send it to me? support@lrtimelapse.com
Just had a thought- the preview only shows the original preview and not developed images. If you export a video are the changes applied?
Absolutly. The preview always shows the unprocessed images, that has technical reasons.
The changes will be applied if you export the video - remember to follow the workflow! Please check my tutorials!
(2013-06-09, 08:59)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]There is one bug in the current version 2.3.1 of LRTimelapse - if you apply an auto transition on an already deflickered sequence, it will reset the yellow curve. In that case please just turn on deflicker, and agree to the dialog asking if you will remove former deflicker settings. Then turn off defliker again via the checkbox. Now you are good to make the auto transition.

Please let me know if that solved your problem.

Hi Gunther,

Sorry, but could I please check whether this is the same issue I have had? I found that I finished everything including deflicker, but then I thought I had screwed up and made the sequence too dark. So I spent some time bringing the general exposure up on all the keyframes in LR.

Then I reloaded in LRTimelapse, and clicked auto transition. The curve jumped to its previous values (see attached images).

[attachment=362]

[attachment=363]

When I rendered the video it had no flickers or jumps, but I think it was the dark version, so it seems like LRTimelapse undid my changes.

So is this the same problem you described? If so, I will try your solution. I saved all my XMP files in case I needed to do this - luckily Smile
The lower screenshot looks good - the upper like you changed the exposures but forgot to apply autotransition again.

I would rather not apply deflicker on sequences with that much holy grail changes, because deflicker will always deflicker between the jumps.

Just try that sequence again - you can always save all edits of a sequence as a snapshop (buttons top right of the table) - so you don't have to backup xmps manually.
Thanks for your usual rapid response and help Gunther, much appreciated.

(2013-06-22, 09:47)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]The lower screenshot looks good - the upper like you changed the exposures but forgot to apply autotransition again.

I see that maybe I did not explain well enough... the upper screenshot is what happened after my second set of adjustments in LR (when I had saved metadata for the keyframes with their new adjustment values, and then pressed Reload in LRTimelapse). When I pressed Auto Transition, the curve jumped to its previous values, as in the lower screenshot! It was as if LRTimelapse was saying to me "yes, I see your new adjustments for the keyframes, but I remember the old keyframes, and I am going to auto-transition based on them now and give you your old curve back!". How do I get it to re-do the transitions based on the new values?

(2013-06-22, 09:47)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather not apply deflicker on sequences with that much holy grail changes, because deflicker will always deflicker between the jumps.

Ah, OK. I will try not applying it at all. However, that does not help the problem I described above, since that occurs before I use deflicker.

(2013-06-22, 09:47)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Just try that sequence again - you can always save all edits of a sequence as a snapshop (buttons top right of the table) - so you don't have to backup xmps manually.

OK, I forgot about snapshots. Sorry, I am new to this! Thanks for the tips.
Ah OK, I think perhaps I found the problem.

I started to play around more with selecting individual columns and applying the transitions to them, and trying the trick of turning off the deflicker at various stages in the process.

Eventually I realised that when I turn off the deflicker, that's when the yellow curve drops back down to the lower values. So I think the only reason the keyframes looked higher in the first place was that the deflicker was somehow adding its effect to them. Now that I have turned it off, I can see that the curve probably should be at that lower value anyway.

I am still going to save the work as a snapshot and then do the whole sequence again from scratch, because I think it will help me to understand the whole process better from end to end.

I think you mentioned that there is a new version soon - I'll be interested to see what kind of new features are in it, and whether any of them make some of these things a bit easier for beginners. It took me a while to grasp how the columns in the table are used, even after reading your book and watching the tutorials. Perhaps I'm just slow to learn... Smile

I do have a lot of keyframes in this sequence... so, how do you prevent the number of HG transitions from getting too high? Do you make very large changes (>= 3 stops, for example?) I would assume that would only be safe when dealing with shutter speed, as ISO and aperture both have an effect on image attributes that have nothing to do with brightness and are harder to correct.
Pages: 1 2