LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Metadata is not travelling, Parameters are not being applied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I was able to fix the problem with the keyframes not showing up in Lightroom. I am down to the step of exporting the video from Lightroom to LRTimlapse 3.4.1. I keep getting a message which says "Can't Use Plug-in "Export Time-lapse (LRTimelapse)" - the "nil" plug-in is not installed or not functioning properly.

I put it in Export Presents but in the Dialog Box Export to: it shows as a separate option - LRTimelapse.

Don't know how to fix this issue.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
@vicky: are you on mac or pc? On PC just try reinstalling LRTimelapse, on Mac the LRTimelapse Addons. I fear you've messed up the plugin intallation, normally this should just work fine automatically.
I agree that I probably did not install the plug-ins correctly. However, that statement doesn't really help me to know how to install them the correct way. I have a Mac. I just drug them into the Export Presets Folder. Is there somewhere else I should have placed the one that would allow me to export my pics back to Time-lapse to make the video?
I was able to fix the Export problem and it now exports to LRTimelapse and I get the render video screen. I check all the correct boxes but when I press the Render Video button, I get a message that says: Could not launch the external encoder.

What do I do now?

I am really frustrated as every time I get to a major step, I get error messages. I thought I was finally "home free" and now I get the "could not launch" message.

I am really impressed with this software but I don't want to purchase it until I can be sure I can get through all the steps and get an actual video out of it.

Your help is most appreciated!
@vicki: good to hear you sorted the problem with the plugin out. But that was not LRTimelapse's fault, but that you didn't follow the instructions and didn't just install the addons. There is normally no need to mess with the plugins folder manually since the addons installer will take care of all that.

Now regarding your export problem: what does the log say? (info menu -> show log) Please try exporting the intermediary sequence again (file/export, choose the intermediary sequence and try to render again. Now you can see the logfile.

If you want my guessing: you've still not installed the Addons Package and so the encoder might be missing thus the error.
SUCCESS!! - Thank you so much for all the help you have given me.

I realize that the Export Plugin issue was not LRTimelapse's fault, but my own.

I reloaded the Add-ons package and the Render function worked perfectly. I am so happy! My assignment is due today so this was a great relief!

I will purchase the full version of LRTimelapse as I think it is a great product. All the problems I was having were due entirely to my failure to read the installation instructions carefully in the beginning. Will highly reccomend LRTimelapse to anyone.

Once purchased, do I need to download the "full" version and install it or will it update the trial version I already have?
Great you sorted everything out now. Once you bought the license just install it into the version you are currently using. You will get instructions via email after your purchase.
Hi Gunther,

I am a long time user of LRT3 who has just upgraded to LRT4 (Mac) and I am not seeing the Deflicker reflected in my Exposure values after importing to Lightroom 5. This is the case with any sequence I try, so it is not related to the files themselves.

I have gone over your suggestions at the top of this thread (I am using the same sequence, correct process version, etc.) and I seem to be doing everything right. Only one question - I remember "initializing" in LRT3 and cannot seem to do this in LRT4. Has this changed? Otherwise, I am a little stumped. I see the Deflicker adjustment values in LRT4 after I run that workflow and I am saving before opening the files in LR5. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!
That's correct: with LRT4 Deflicker is not being written into Exposure anymore neither the Holy Grail adjustments are. Don't wory. All those adjustments will be applied to hidden layers in the background, they are there, even if you don't see them. This allows you to freely keyframe the Exposure without having to worry about losing those adjustments.
Got it - that makes a lot of sense. Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6