LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Wide Angel Filter Holder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
I wonder if anyone has had any luck with Cokin Z or HiTech 100mm filter holders on a canon 16-35mm lens wider than 23mm? I used a P-filter holder the other day and it vingetted at about 23mm. Then I tried reading some forums on the cokin Z or HiTech 100mm holders to see if I can get wide angels with filters down to the 16mm. nothing was really clear and I didn't really see anyone having luck. so I wanted to ask here before I buy something or just make something on my own.

seems if you want to make a timelapse per the book. you have to shoot at 1/25th and of course it would be overexposed if you don't add stops by filters. I guess the other solution is to shoot at faster shutter speeds and keep the f/10 without filters.

ps. anyone else have some problems when you use holy grail and 2 stops? I accidently went from 1/25 to 1/8 or 1/4 the TL came out dark then popped light on the next frame and I used match total exposures during the editing.
thanks
Steve
Hi Steve,
you should only use filters for non-holy-grail sequences. Otherwise you will have to remove the filter during shooting and that "jump" will be hard to correct.
For HG I recommend using only 1 stop changes, bigger ones might work, but most of the times the results does not get that smooth because of clipping etc.
Best
Gunther