LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Iceland - Beautifully Quiet... (Timelapse with some slowmotion scenes)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone Smile

In summer 2011 one of my dreams came true: Visiting Iceland.

Nordic countries have fascinated me for a long time. Ever since I started travelling in these regions (e.g. Canada, Norway) I was drawn back to these rather cold and mystical regions. To see Iceland with my own eyes has been on the top of my list for a long time.

The stay in Iceland was superb. The whole variety of the scenery, ranging from rough coastlines to vast glaciers, from endless grasslands to deserts was impressive. I wanted to keep the memory of those landscapes not only in my head, so of course I brought my camera to take pictures… and to do another timelapse movie.

When I think back to Iceland, words like mystical, beautiful, quiet, powerful, energetic, water, steam, sky keep popping up to my head.. so I tried to include some of these thoughts in the film. I also experimented with a compact digicam to shoot some other sequences in normal movie mode, which I included as slow motions in the film.

I hope you enjoy it Smile

Locations:
Reykjavik, Þingvellir, Landmannalaugar, Kerlingarfjöll, Eyjafjord, sourroundings of Dalvik, Dettifoss, Krafla, Mývatn, Snæfell National Park, Arkanes peninsula, Eyjafjallajökull, Hverarönd, Broddanes

Equipment:
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EFS 15-85mm
- Joby Gorillapod
- Standard tripod
- Apurture timer remote
- Sony DSC HX5

Edited using LRTimelapse (deflicker, color and brightness adaptions), JES Deinterlacer (slow motion), Virtual Dub (deshake) and iMovie.
Very nice Video with great impressions of an amazing landscapes! Thank you for sharing. I'm going to link this in the LRTimelapse facebook channel.