LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Metadata issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Thanks for a great program. I am new to "advanced" post processing of images for timelapses, but it is great fun and I have had a steep learning process over the past months :-)

I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but I am having an issue where LRT overwrites metadata from Lightroom, as it probably should. Specifically I have done some spot removal in LR, and these changes disappear after running the images through LRT and reading the metadata to the files in LR.

Is there a way to preserve, in this case my spot removal changes, to the pictures while adding the new metadada from LRT? I´ve already spent the major part of an evening making changes to 400 pictures, and hope to not have to do it more than once again :-)

(Yes, I know there is a batch possibility, but LR often samples wrong areas, and that does not look any good, so the only way is to go through every picture).
Hi Darre,
normally you do the spot healing as a very last step in Lightroom after all the Editing in LRTimelapse is done!

The only thing you could do is try using LRTimelapse without initializing your sequence and try if that works out - initializing will set all edits to initial values to have a consistent starting point.
Thanks. I experimented a bit, and it is actually possible to do it both ways, before and after LRT. The "safest" way is as you say to do it after LRT, and if you have done changes you want to keep u can't initialize the photos. I don't know yet what other problems one will run into when not initializing.
Especially you probably won't be able to use gradient adjustments if not initialized and inconsistencies can occur because of the way Lightrooms deals with uninitialized settings.