LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: De clicked aperture lenses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been seriously considering shooting with video prime lenses, in partricular, the Samyang / Rokinon lenses. B&H
but what are the implications for the holy grail techniques?

De clicked aperture lenses have infinitely variable aperture, but is the aperture value passed into the EXIF data for LRTimelapse to work with ? Is this vital for using LRTimelapse?

Is there any merit is using the de-clicked lenses or should I just use the standard lenses, and manually adjust the aperture as needed? However, implied again, does the aperture value get passed to the EXIF data on the click aperture lenses.
Any thoughts or experience from people using these lenses would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hamish
Hi Hamsih,
the aperture value is not necessary, as long as you don't change the aperture during shooting (I wouldn't recommend this anyway), only the shutter/iso you can just add the aperture later via "Lens Tagging" in LRTimelapse.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Thanks very much for the info, I did wonder.
The only time I've adjusted the aperture was when I really wanted to keep the shutter speed the same, I was shooting sparks and steady movement and adjusting the shutter speed would have changed the movement within the shot.