LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Flickering because of colour change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everybody,

I am a new (happy) user of LRtimelapse and thus new on this forum. After creating a few 'simple' timelapases i created a holy-grail-timelapse using the holy-grail-method.

After editing the images in Lightroom i did 'match total exposure' to compensate the change in shutter speed. After this the exposure changed very nice but i noticed a colour difference between the **- end the ***-rated pictures. After rendering the timelapse in Lightroom this resulted in a flickering movie.

I guess the colour difference is the result of the change shutter speed. When a short shutter speed (**-image) is used, the more saturated the image gets in comparison with the ***-image but i don't know for sure.

Does anyone had this problem to? How did you deal with this problem?

You can check out my timelapse right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf9yo56Y9hw

Thanks in advance for your reaction!

Niels
You will have to compensate for that changes in saturation, vignetting etc. manually. Just edit the *** Keyframe until it maches the corresponding ** one. Avoid steps that are bigger than 1EV in the future when adjusting to keep those changes subtile.
I had this problem, too, especially when parts of my scene were almost clipping due to a bright light source (such as a sunset). The one-stop exposure change would definitely affect the color saturation. For such situations, I now change exposure in half-stop increments instead of full-stop. I had to change a setting in my camera to allow for this. The smaller steps make the color shift much less noticeable, but of course there is now twice as many holy grail transitions to edit.

Gunther has a point - that you can probably compensate by manually adjusting saturation (and maybe color channel luminance). I have difficult time with this, though, because I am colorblind and thus can't notice subtle differences in color like most people.
(2013-07-31, 20:41)BrianHawkins Wrote: [ -> ]I had this problem, too, especially when parts of my scene were almost clipping due to a bright light source (such as a sunset). The one-stop exposure change would definitely affect the color saturation. For such situations, I now change exposure in half-stop increments instead of full-stop. I had to change a setting in my camera to allow for this. The smaller steps make the color shift much less noticeable, but of course there is now twice as many holy grail transitions to edit.

Gunther has a point - that you can probably compensate by manually adjusting saturation (and maybe color channel luminance). I have difficult time with this, though, because I am colorblind and thus can't notice subtle differences in color like most people.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your reply! I tried every little slider in Lightroom to ajust the colour change but i did not manage to get it right. I'll try to shoot a timelapse with half stop increments. That will probably get the job done. I'll share my results right here!

Thanks again