LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Images in AE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having a strange occurrence, all my images are approx 5600 x 3600 medium setting from a D800 they are also .jpegs. When I view the images in their folder they are all fine and the right size and resolution. When I import them into After Effects as a jpeg sequence the images come in only displaying the top left quarter of the image regardless of the Composition setting.

here is a link to a comparison

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2003727/Images.zip
After Effects does not work with a JPG workflow, it won't take over the XMP data from LRTimelapse/Lightroom. Please use RAW files if you want to go the AE route.
(2013-07-30, 08:32)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]After Effects does not work with a JPG workflow, it won't take over the XMP data from LRTimelapse/Lightroom. Please use RAW files if you want to go the AE route.

Hi

All I am, doing is importing the jpegs into AE from their folder location. (import as a jpeg sequence) I have done it before many times without a problem. It is only this time that they are coming in like this.
So you are not expecting After Effects to apply any editing settings from Lightroom, you are trying to import an already graded jpg sequence? Then it's an after effects issue, no clue what is wrong there.
(2013-07-30, 08:32)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]After Effects does not work with a JPG workflow, it won't take over the XMP data from LRTimelapse/Lightroom. Please use RAW files if you want to go the AE route.

BUT...if you only have JPEGS or you just prefer using JPEGS over RAW's and want to benefit from ACR adjustments you can go to Bridge; Camera Raw Preferences and enable JPEG support ('Automatically Open Jpegs with Settings'). Now you can use ACR to make adjustments to any of the sliders, it'll create an xmp file to accompany this. Once you are done, select all and export these adjusted Jpegs to a new folder which will "merge" the xmp and JPEg into one single file and then you can bring those files, all with the adjustments in ACR applied, into AE.

Just remember to switch the JPEG support off afterward otherwise you'll be forever opening your jpegs i ACR for all your other stills photo work!
(2013-07-30, 20:46)alhare Wrote: [ -> ]

BUT...if you only have JPEGS or you just prefer using JPEGS over RAW's and want to benefit from ACR adjustments you can go to Bridge; Camera Raw Preferences and enable JPEG support ('Automatically Open Jpegs with Settings'). Now you can use ACR to make adjustments to any of the sliders, it'll create an xmp file to accompany this. Once you are done, select all and export these adjusted Jpegs to a new folder which will "merge" the xmp and JPEg into one single file and then you can bring those files, all with the adjustments in ACR applied, into AE.

Just remember to switch the JPEG support off afterward otherwise you'll be forever opening your jpegs i ACR for all your other stills photo work!

My AE workflow is to put RAW files through LRT then export from lightroom as a downsized jpeg. That way all you do in AE is put the sequence together and do camera moves etc.

This might sound like a stupid question but...
Are you scaling the jpegs sequence to fit inside the composition? Certainly if the composition was too small then the sequence would only show a small section...But really it sounds more like that this is an After Effects issue (one that I am not familiar with) and asking this question on a specific AE forum might get better answers.