LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Changing camera settings during time lapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello everyone!

I understood from other members and from Gunther's ebook that the best way to shoot HG transitions is to manually change the settings of the camera during the timelapse acquisition.

I suppose that with a very strong tripod, it should be possible to do it without making the camera shake.

But, are you aware of any software that would allow me to do the same by connecting a laptop to my camera? I'm using a Nikon D800. Did anyone try Nikon Camera Control 2?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Kevin
I'm going to introduce a nice solution for that next week, stay tuned - there will be a video demonstrating a wireless solution for Holy Grail shooting.
Great! Wink thanks again!

(2013-08-10, 13:35)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to introduce a nice solution for that next week, stay tuned - there will be a video demonstrating a wireless solution for Holy Grail shooting.
Könnte das der Camranger seinSmile Wenn ja genial das Teil. Einzig mein Problem ist, dass ich die Bilder nicht auf die CF Karte bekommenSad
No, it's not the Cam Ranger since the Cam Ranger did not fulfill all my demands on a solution for that.
Any hints? Smile

(2013-08-10, 15:13)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's not the Cam Ranger since the Cam Ranger did not fulfill all my demands on a solution for that.
(2013-08-10, 13:35)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to introduce a nice solution for that next week, stay tuned - there will be a video demonstrating a wireless solution for Holy Grail shooting.

I'm anxiously awaiting your solution!
(2013-08-11, 16:38)Michael Lloyd Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm anxiously awaiting your solution!

The dslrDashboard smartphone app seems promising. Did anyone test it?
That is pointing in the exact right direction. I'm in close contact with the developer, and together we improved the current solution so that it will be great for time lapse shooting - however that new version is still to be published. I'm going to make the demonstration video tomorrow, stay tuned!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5