LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: LRTimelapse 3.1 - LR5 - Unable To Read Metadata
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was using LR4 with LRTimelapse 2 for many months with no issues. With LR5 and version 3.1 of LRTimelapse I am unable to get anything to work. I cannot get LRT to recognize the metadata sidecar xmp files adjacent to the CR2 files. I the first and last files keyframes and changed the crop on the last image. That image sidecar xmp files modification date confirms its contents were updated. Still in LRT3 I will no recognize the change. Finally when I tried to test the render function I ended up with a single jpeg. I have read about this issue elsewhere in the forum.
Is there anything I can do? Are there others out there with this issue?

I'd greatly appreciate anyones thoughts of this.

David
(2013-08-18, 19:34)solardarkroom Wrote: [ -> ]I was using LR4 with LRTimelapse 2 for many months with no issues. With LR5 and version 3.1 of LRTimelapse I am unable to get anything to work. I cannot get LRT to recognize the metadata sidecar xmp files adjacent to the CR2 files. I the first and last files keyframes and changed the crop on the last image. That image sidecar xmp files modification date confirms its contents were updated. Still in LRT3 I will no recognize the change. Finally when I tried to test the render function I ended up with a single jpeg. I have read about this issue elsewhere in the forum.
Is there anything I can do? Are there others out there with this issue?

I'd greatly appreciate anyones thoughts of this.

David

Hi David,

Did you initialize your images first? set the key frames, and then saved the new metadata to the files before making changes in LR5.
Here are the tutorials - http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/

Also in LR5 go to your Catalog settings and make sure that "Automatically write changes into XMP." is UNchecked.
Just make sure to save your changes before you RELOAD your images back in to LRT3.

I hope that this helps you.
That did indeed help. It's clear I've been having some conceptual problems with this new workflow but I'm getting the hang of it now with your help.

Thanks very much!

David
Glad I was able to help you.