LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Very poor quality video output
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, bit of a problem, some advice would be awesome

Currently using LRT2 and Lightroom 4, everything is pretty great until it comes to outputting the video. The video is super mushy, it looks pixelated and blocky, quality is in the region of 360p YouTube quality even though files are full size 12mp RAWS/JPEGS and im using the 1080p (free) LR templates

I can get a better output quality out of Lightroom if I use its native 1080p output setting instead of the LR user template but even then its not as good as when I output the files as edited JPEGs & use an external timelapse assembler. Is there anything I can do about this? Ive tried playing with the export settings in Lightroom, hoping it would help.

I dont wanna buy the pro template pack if im going to have the same problem (obv, a bitrate boost would help which I think why the 1080p Lightroom standard template is a bit better as file is larger which is probably due to higher bit rate)

I just wanna be able to simplify and do everything in Lightroom and it come out looking sharp and crisp

Chris
The bitrates of the free templates are higher then the ones provided by adobe. The Pro templates have even higher bit rates.
Normally if you experience artefacting it is because your source material has too much changes in it, fast movements, moving trees, water etc. because it was shot without ND-filter etc. But anyway, you might want to try the new LRTimelapse 3 with it's dedicated video rendering. There are much more options there and a better quality.
(2013-08-19, 21:40)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]The bitrates of the free templates are higher then the ones provided by adobe. The Pro templates have even higher bit rates.
Normally if you experience artefacting it is because your source material has too much changes in it, fast movements, moving trees, water etc. because it was shot without ND-filter etc. But anyway, you might want to try the new LRTimelapse 3 with it's dedicated video rendering. There are much more options there and a better quality.

Hello Gunther

I get what you are saying. The problem I dont think is with LR Timelapse as it seems to be doing its job (deflicker and auto transitions) fine, I just wondered if you (or anyone) knew of a way to get it looking sharp out of Lightroom and not using another assembler (which by the way renders it to near perfection, bit rate is 100+) as it seems like everyone is getting results out of the Lightroom method except for me. Surely I shouldnt need such high bit rates to get a sharp image

Chris
Like I said, the reason is mostly the source mateiral and your shooting technique. Additionally the free templates have a way lower bit rate then the Pro ones or LRTimelapse 3.
(2013-08-19, 22:18)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, the reason is mostly the source mateiral and your shooting technique. Additionally the free templates have a way lower bit rate then the Pro ones or LRTimelapse 3.

OK, if money allows ill be getting LR3 at some point soon hopefully. Ive just used the flies I was having problems in the above posts and instead using Lightroom for the video I output them as JPEGs after completing my LR Timelapse workflow and then run them through After Effects and everything looks great. Evidently Lightroom was causing the problem somewhere because as soon as it was removed from the equation everything was fine, kinda showing the files were ok. Ill be sticking with the Lightroom/LRT -> After Effects workflow in the future I think

Thanks for help(?) and thanks for some awesome software man. hopefully ill be able to upgrade to 3 at some point soon

Chris