LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Objectiv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

i am very new in time lapse videos. I want to buy the Nikon D5100 and i want the 18-200mm 1:3,5-5,6 G ED VR II for normal photos.

But i want to make also pictures from landscapes and buildings on different day times. I also want to make this as time lapse. So i search for an objectiv, that makes a real wide picture and it should also make good pictures at night (for moving stars at the sky).

I searched on and on, but i'm not sure what to buy... Maybe you have the right idea for me?

What do you think about this four here:
  • Nikon AF G DX 10,5/2,8 FISHEYE
  • Nikon AF D 20/2.8
  • Nikon AF 16/2,8
  • Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm 1:3,5-4,5G ED

Maybe there is a good objectiv by Tamron, Sigma and so on??

Hope to get help here, i want to buy as soon as possible ;-)

Many thanks
splitti
I use the Nikkor 10-24 for that purposes. Haven't missed the f/2.8 yet...
(2011-10-15, 18:47)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]I use the Nikkor 10-24 for that purposes. Haven't missed the f/2.8 yet...

What about photos shooted out of the hand (without tripod), is this possible for holiday pictures, or is here the 18-200 VR II better?
Woohooo, yesterday was a lucky day for me. I buyed the camera and also the 18-200 very cheap!!!

Another question: i search for a macro objectiv for pictures from flowers, little animals and maybe something like eyes, electronic things and so on...

What do you think is a good choise for an objectiv: notice, i have the D5100 without a motor inside the camera...

Thank you
splitti
Congratulations and good pictures!

As Macro I use this one. It has a motor.
(2011-10-29, 14:54)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations and good pictures!

Nice, what do you think about the 85mm DX?
Sorry, I don't know it..
(2011-10-29, 14:54)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations and good pictures!

That is actually a really good macro! I use it myself since a couple of months now and it never let me down so far. I unfortunately even happened to drop it once but there was no damage at all... made me quite happy. I always love to photograph the flower ordering I do for our house, every single week. With all the pictures I kind of create a mock-up on everything that I have had created as a piece of decoration throughout the year. Smile

I kind of have an archive of three years with all those pictures of amazingly beautiful flowers and flower arrangements for dinner parties I had and so on. This macro is a really brilliant helper when it comes to taking amazing pictures.