LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Changing settings while moving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gunther
I have been shooting time-lapse for some time now and have a good understanding of the process, I was watching one of your tutorials and you change your settings during the shoot(Static shoot). What do you do when you are have a camera on a moving platform like the Emotimo or Dynamic Perception, if you are changing settings on the camera, how does work with your move?
It's no problem, if you don't want to touch the system, just check out the new wireless solution:
http://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/
I guess the question is how do you manage the timing of the Emotimo with the camera?
If i start the emotimo at a one second interval and the camera is at f2.8, 1/640th and 100iso, as the it gets darker and i need to keep the shutter open longer, how do I keep that in sync with the emotimo, because as far as i know, you cant change the settings until it has finished its course?
(2013-08-24, 03:48)ChongPak Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the question is how do you manage the timing of the Emotimo with the camera?
If i start the emotimo at a one second interval and the camera is at f2.8, 1/640th and 100iso, as the it gets darker and i need to keep the shutter open longer, how do I keep that in sync with the emotimo, because as far as i know, you cant change the settings until it has finished its course?

You need to use longer intervals for sequences if you will have a huge dynamic range change. Probably 15 sec or 20 sec would be fine to capture MilkyWay or stars if you ramp up your ISO to 1600
You should not increase the time of your interval as it gets darker because it will make your video faster.