LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Togopod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunther,

So I saw you're using Togopod tripods for timelapsing.

I'm currently running a good, but heavy and bulky Vanguard tripod.
Now I saw these Togopod tripods which are not only much lighter, but also really compact.

I'd like to backpack, and with a bulky and heavy tripod that's not ideal. And because my next trip is within 2 weeks, I thought about getting one.
I'm looking at the Panorama Patrick or maybe the Lisa Mark II.

I'll be using the tripod as stand alone, not in combination with another one and a dolly.
Not yet that is, maybe one day Smile

So my question is, what do you think about those Togopods? Are they as sturdy as they market them?

I know this isn't a direct timelapse question, but since I'm going to shoot timelapse with it, it kind of is :p

Thanks a lot!
Oh, if someone else has one, let me know what you think. Smile

And I read in one review on Amazon.de that the stability is not what it seemed. It would keep on shaking for 10 sec when you'd have changed the settings on your camera.

So in stand alone use, are they stable enough? Could they be used fully extended.
I don't know which type of Togopods you have, but please let me know and be honest.
Don't wanna end up with a badder tripod then I had in the first place. Smile

Thanks
Hi, I always use them as Slider-feet, removed the middle strut.
When using them with a slider you don't need to fully extend them, it's more important to get them as low as possible. Then they are really a bargain for that price.
Check out this deal, you will get 2 of the Togopod Max that I use for the slider support for 150€.
damn, i never thought of removing the middle strut on mine Big Grin they are very light and versatile, my only regret is i lost one after a couple of weeks while on my scooter Sad had to purchase another one. i wish i was aware of this deal but i guess it wasn't available 6 months ago.