LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: LRT3 not fully exporting final video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When exporting final video out of LRT3, at highest quality 420, I get an MPEG4 icon on the desktop and not an image thumbnail. Clicking on it opens Quicktime to play, but the image is only black. I know there is data there, as the file is quite large, but all I see is black.

If I don't use LRT3 to export the final video and instead use Quicktime Pro to create the image sequence, then I see a thumbnail image instead of the MPEG4 icon, and the video plays.

I'm not sure of the quality difference between creating the final sequence using Quicktime Pro, or using LRT3. I'd rather use LRT3, as I can easily select 420 or 422 or 444.

I'm stuck.
Could you please in future post only here - because now I already answered your email and have to post here again for other users.

One thing I didn't mention: please check that you are using the LRTExport Plugin in version 3.1 (not 3.0) -> check the Lightroom Plugin Manager, it will tell you the version. If you are still on 3.0 please update the LRTimelapse Addons, because the old version might cause problems.

Okay - here my answer from the email again:

is the video playing in a video editor? Or with vlc?
Did you try different quality settings?
Quicktime Player is a piece of sh***, sorry for saying that - it's not really reliable for high quality footage that is intended for further post processing. LRTimelapse produces that kind of footage.
The settings high, very high and ultra high are for post processing only, not for direct playing because they will have to much bandwith for most of the players/computers.
Check out a lower quality on 1080p (higher resolutions might also confuse the player, but work well for post processing as well).