LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: non-Canon/Nikon files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you confirm LRTimelapse works with non-Canon/Nikon files?

My main concern is that if I use Olympus .ORF raw files (from an Olympus OM E-M5 - which is small, light and great for timelapse) then I get a variety of problems. Usually these are solved by reloading and repeating the process in LRLightroom a few times until the key frame markers, transitions, etc appear in the Lightroom previews and then I know it has finally worked. But it is very hit and miss. Even then, when I Export, Lightroom will go through the process of exporting all the files but will often not save them to a folder (some other times, it will export some - but not - all of the files to a folder). This happens whether you 'render with last settings' or render separately in LRLightroom after the export.

Also, if I use Pentax .DNG raw files (from a Pentax 645D) : Initialise / Key Frames Wizard / Save, and copy Metadata to Files. But the key frame markers (1 star) do not appear in Lightroom.

But if I use Canon .CR2 raw files (fron Canon 7D) everything works perfectly!

I have version 3.1; Lightroom 5.0 (with latest Camera Raw updates); on Mac OS X v10.7.5 (with lots of disk space and lots of memory); the LRLightroom add-ons all appear correctly in Lightroom; Lightroom preferences and cagtalogues settings are as you have advised.

Lightroom reads .ORF and .DNG files perfectly - so is the problem that LR Lightroom cannot handle non-Canon/Nikon files?

Many thanks
No, LRTimelapse can handle those files well, in fact, when you see the preview in LRTimelapse, it's working.
LRTimelapse does nothing to the RAW-files itself. It only writes the XMP files, and they are independent from the camera brand.
Please check that you have not activated “Automatically write changes into XMP” in the Catalog-Settings:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-ligh...s-into-xmp
(2013-08-30, 16:06)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Please check that you have not activated “Automatically write changes into XMP” in the Catalog-Settings:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-ligh...s-into-xmp
No - I have followed your recommendations on that (and all your other recommendations). And the strange thing is that it all works perfectly with Canon files, so I know I am doing the workflow correctly - but Pentax .DNG never work, and Olympus .ORF files work after repeated attempts (with the most common error being that Lightroom says it is rendering the files, but them not being saved to a LRT_ sub-directory)

Has anyone else had success with .ORF files?
If you want you can send me some of those files for checking. support (at) lrtimelapse (dot) com