LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Clouds on/off the whole day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm am shooting a time-lapse featuring my neighbour building his new garden house. It's been more than 8 hours and I have 1600+ pictures so far.

During the day, clouds have been pasing by on and off, so lighting during the day has been not very constant, so to say (see picture) and I've done a lot of manual exposure adjustments.

I'm trying to use the Holy-Grail workflow for this but it's really painfull. I really don't know if I have to add more keyframes by my own, or not...

Is there any kind of known procedure to work this out?. Also, is there any way to split the full sequence into 3 or 5 parts in order to make the post-processing easier?

Thanks in advance
Hi Marcal,
the Holy Grail Approach is not suited for this.
You could try to smooth it out a bit with Deflicker (check my deflicker tutorial) but you will normally not get a silky smooth sequence from situations like that, it's the way it is.

The LRTimelapse Pro version however brings a cool feature to automatically select very dark and very bright images from a sequence to be able to remove them, the feature is called "select images by criteria". That way you can just delete all the images where certain parts are in the shadows - this comes very handy for this type of construction time lapse and is being used by commercial timelapse compaines for exactly this type of work.

You can split sequences easily by selecting a part and then right click and "new folder from selection".
(2013-10-19, 23:47)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Marcal,
the Holy Grail Approach is not suited for this.
You could try to smooth it out a bit with Deflicker (check my deflicker tutorial) but you will normally not get a silky smooth sequence from situations like that, it's the way it is.

The LRTimelapse Pro version however brings a cool feature to automatically select very dark and very bright images from a sequence to be able to remove them, the feature is called "select images by criteria". That way you can just delete all the images where certain parts are in the shadows - this comes very handy for this type of construction time lapse and is being used by commercial timelapse compaines for exactly this type of work.

You can split sequences easily by selecting a part and then right click and "new folder from selection".

Thanks for your reply. I just got the video a few minutes ago and I must say, it's impressive. Obviously you see changes, but that is actually the way the light was behaving, so I think it's ok. I wasn't looking for some artistic thing here but rather something fun.

I just purchased the private license, so I will have to select the pictures by hand by now... BTW, can you upgrade from private to professional somehow?
Hi Marcal,
yes, there is a deducted crossgrade from private to pro, you will find it directly in the shop!
http://lrtimelapse.com/shop/
Best
Gunther