LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: cannot save metadata to files in LR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Lightroom 4 with LRTimelapse 3. After editing the keyframes on Canon Raw images I go to same the metadata but Lightroom says "For proprietary camera raw files, metadata will be saved to sidecar files next to the original photo. For all other file formats supported by lightroom (JPEG, TIFF, PSD, and DNG), XMP metadata will be written into the original files."

So my question is, how do i get the metadata written to the original files so LRtimelapse can do its magic?

Scott
That's fine, just accept that dialog and tell lightroom not to bother you with that nonsense next time ;-)
It's exactly what you want: save metadata to sidecar files!
(2013-10-23, 01:24)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]That's fine, just accept that dialog and tell lightroom not to bother you with that nonsense next time ;-)
It's exactly what you want: save metadata to sidecar files!

Oh ok. My problem was that when I hit "reload" the changes didn't show which I wrongly assumed was a metadata problem... my "process version" was set to LR3 instead of LR4/5. Woo hoo.

Thank!
You're welcome. After changing the process version you have to reinitialize the sequence(s).
Remember, that you won't see visual changes in the LRTimelapse preview, only the curves/table values.