LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Colour Space
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunther,

I am sitting here with a video editor friend, he is helping me work out why I get poor colour outputs when using Adobe AE (I have to use AE sometimes for its warp stabiliser etc) we have noticed that your LRTimelapse export plug in will only export using Adobe sRGB colour space for Jpeg and even Tiff, is that right? He thinks that AE using sRGB may be part of the problem?

He informes me that when creating HD clips it would be good practice to use the HDTV (Rec. 709) colour space profile as the sRGB colour space is limited in its colour range.

Is there a way of choosing a different colour space for exporting from LR to LR Timelapse? Rather than having to re export all the images again.

Of course the best solution for me would be to have a stabiliser in LRTimelapse, any chance?

Thanks
Hi Gavin,
the intermediate files are in srgb color mode.
What I do for stabilizing is, I use LRTExport to create the intermediate sequence, then I drag that image sequence into AE, stabilize and export as JPG-Sequence with compatible filenames (LRT_00001.jpg, etc.).

Then I load that stabilized intermediate sequence into LRTimelapse render module and render. Gives me outstanding results. You can do it with Tiff as well, but I didn't find that that gives me great advantages.

Best
GUnther
(2013-10-31, 19:12)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Gavin,
the intermediate files are in srgb color mode.
What I do for stabilizing is, I use LRTExport to create the intermediate sequence, then I drag that image sequence into AE, stabilize and export as JPG-Sequence with compatible filenames (LRT_00001.jpg, etc.).

Then I load that stabilized intermediate sequence into LRTimelapse render module and render. Gives me outstanding results. You can do it with Tiff as well, but I didn't find that that gives me great advantages.

Best
GUnther

Thats great Gunther, works perfectly for me. Many thanks