LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Unable to export more than one file from Lightroom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hope someone can help me with this issue-its driving me crazy…. I have been struggling for hours with this,,,,,
I have save my data in lightroom and select all files( roughly 850 raw files) I select export files and only one file will export.
?????
Hi Dave, first thing to check on any issues is the faq and the forum search:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-export-not-working
Mostly it's a virtual copy in your sequence...
(2013-11-04, 10:17)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Dave, first thing to check on any issues is the faq and the forum search:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-export-not-working
Mostly it's a virtual copy in your sequence...

Thanks for your prompt response.
I was finally able to export the files from Lightroom. I had a duplicate file with the same numbers. I'm guessing the duplicate was somehow blocking the export of new files….
Now Im unable to render the video. I point to the LRT_ folder and LRT doesn't recognize it.
I have just tried installing 3.2 and that didn't help.
Something seems to be wrong with that sequence. After exporting the intermediate sequence from Lightroom you should have that processed JPGs in the LRT_* folder. Inside that folder you need to have files named: LRT_00001.jpg etc...
If for what reason ever the LRT00001.jpg is missing, the encoder will not recognize the sequence.
(2013-11-04, 13:29)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Something seems to be wrong with that sequence. After exporting the intermediate sequence from Lightroom you should have that processed JPGs in the LRT_* folder. Inside that folder you need to have files named: LRT_00001.jpg etc...
If for what reason ever the LRT00001.jpg is missing, the encoder will not recognize the sequence.

OK- I went to the file and indeed 00001 was missing. I duplicated the first file and renamed it LRT00001 and the video rendered. Now there seems t o be another problem. When I look at the rendered video it is of the unaltered raw files ( before editing in lightroom) In other words it seems as if the metadata was not read. I checked lightroom again and had it 'read metadata'. All the files appear correct in the grid view but on export the are the files without the metadata applied.
If lightroom shows the files with the editing applied, than I cannot imagine that the exported JPGs should not show them? Sounds impossible to me, never heard of that...
Export the first 2 images with a normal "Harddrive" export template just as images.
Then export the same 2 images with the LRTExporter.
Do you see a difference? Just check the images in the LRT_ folder.
(2013-11-04, 19:11)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]If lightroom shows the files with the editing applied, than I cannot imagine that the exported JPGs should not show them? Sounds impossible to me, never heard of that...
Export the first 2 images with a normal "Harddrive" export template just as images.
Then export the same 2 images with the LRTExporter.
Do you see a difference? Just check the images in the LRT_ folder.

Mr. Wegner, first of all I want to thank you for your prompt and professional response. I imagine it must be extremely frustrating for you dealing with these bug reports.
This is one of the craziest things I have ever experienced on a computer. I had the situation where only one file was being exported. I went to LRT and saved XMP files again the to Light room and read meta data--- still only one file. I restarted my computer and tried again. This time exported from Lightroom and saw the files being written in a folder but when I looked in the folder there was nothing there. I deleted that folder and tried again after restarting and opening Lightroom again. I reloaded all the meta data ( read meta data) now is exporting properly. Finally after 1 1/2 days I have a rendered video. I wish I knew what I did to solve this issue- but I don't. One good thing about this- I REALLY got a chance to learn all about the LRT basic work flow... my next challenge will be de-flickering, I'm almost afraid to try it now.
here's a link to the time-lapse clip… https://www.facebook.com/DaveHi50
Pali looking North
I didn't de-flicker, before I do a final edit I probably will.

Thanks Gunther!
Hi Dave,
this is really weird... Unfortunately I have no explanation either...
I can't see the clip, only a link to your fb-page.
Don't worry about deflicker, that's easy. Check out my new deflicker tutorial: http://lrtimelapse.com/deflicker
But please only use deflicker, if you really have flicker. It's always best to take care of flicker when shooting.

Best
Gunther
Hello all. Sorry to pull up an old thread but while searching for a solution to an issue I have had with EVERY version of LRTimelapse and Lightroom I have used I found this page. Not quite the same issue but what is happening to me is if I start an export from Lightroom using the LRTimelapse preset and need to stop it for any reason, I run into an issue if I try to export again: it will only export 1 photo. I actually have to close Lightroom (not LRTimelapse) and reopen then I can export normally. If I let the full sequence export then following exports work fine but if I stop it I run into this issue. I am exporting from a folder with only the sequence files in it and have all selected when I click export. I still have more searching to do but if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

It has been many, MANY years since I have posted anything to a forum page so if I should have started a new thread I am sorry.

Thanks for your help and AWESOME software!
Pages: 1 2