LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Can't access MR3040 via net to update firmware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The manual on gwegner.de ist short an clear and I've followed it step by step. But I can't get access to the MR3040 via 192.168.0.1 using cable connection, failling to update firmware at the very beginning. I tried on 3 different computers, two notebooks and one desktop, all with different operating systems and configurations. Very frustrating!

Any suggestion is much appreciated!
Have you tried 192.168.1.1 ?
(2013-11-08, 23:26)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried 192.168.1.1 ?

No connection, either.

I'm trying with Windows XP.
When deactivate WLAN-connection and connect the MR3040 via cable, should'nt be there a new connection at "LAN or High-Speed Internet"? There is none.

I also tried to connect to the router via WLAN as described in the manual. The TP-Link is in the list, but connection fails while still trying to receive an IP.
If you have the TPLink V2 you should set the switch on the device to "AP".
Maybe you can try it with another computer, where you have W7 o W8 on - the network features are a little bit easier and more automated there.
Got it!

Connected the MR3040 to my Windows 7 Desktop PC and set IP adresses manually according to the MR3040 manual Appendix B. Note: The sample screenshots in the manual are misleading, following the text is recommended! Due to the text I used IP address: 192.168.0.2 and Default gateway: 192.168.0.1

After updating the firmware I had to switch the IP-settings back to automatically, elsewhere no access to the interface with its new IP 192.168.1.1 was possible.

WLAN-activation then was not by add a new connection but edit the recent one by enable wireless network option.

Remote control of my D7100 with my tablet is working now! Thanks again for presenting the solution and the development of DSLRDashboard!
I think it was a problem with the lease time from DHCP. In the most of cases it's enough to restart the pc.

If there are any problems to get a connection again to a new tp-link it would be better to set the configuration of the network apadpter in your pc manually - take a IP-adress 192.168.0.x - x must be several as 1, because 1 is the TP-Link! Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 and as gateway the IP-Adress of your TP-Link: 192.168.0.1
Hi there Gunther,

I'm having the same problem as the OP — failure to connect the TP-3040 to my computer(s) in order to install the initial firmware upgrade. I'm working on Macs (both a MacPro and a Macbook Pro) and even after manually reconfiguring the IP4 settings as per your and others' suggestions, I'm having no luck.

If I can get it working I'll be using the TP-3040 together with a Nexus 7 tablet, DSLRDashboard and a Nikon D3.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Pete.
Quote:even after manually reconfiguring the IP4 settings as per your and others' suggestions, I'm having no luck.

What does " I'm having no luck." mean?
I am sure the OS spits out something more descriptive! Smile

Can you make sure your Gateway Settings are correct?

Connect via WiFi and check for the settings that you get for the WiFi Adater, note them down. Then, disconnect the Wireless, and connect via Ethernet using the IP Settings you have written down.
You also can try to use the Mac-App "Fing" - it's a network scanner. But you have to be in the same subnet - when your IP-adress on your Mac for instance is 192.168.xxx.yyy the subnet xxx must be the same how this on your router. But yyy must be another one! And of course you have to connect your router with the Mac over a Ethernet-cable...
What does " I'm having no luck." mean?
I am sure the OS spits out something more descriptive! Smile

It says "Connection failed/Try Again"

Can you make sure your Gateway Settings are correct?

Connect via WiFi and check for the settings that you get for the WiFi Adater, note them down. Then, disconnect the Wireless, and connect via Ethernet using the IP Settings you have written down.

My nephew is just on his way around to my house with his Windows Laptop, but if that fails I'll try your suggestions later.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2