LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Small or no interval between shots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are times when it's very difficult if not impossible to manually change camera settings while taking a time-lapse.

I would like to use DslrDashboard in these cases, when the interval between shots is very small (like 1 second) or even when there is no interval (for example on a 10 seconds interval when the exposure time has reached 10 seconds).

I just wanted to ask if with DslrDashboard you can change settings while the camera is taking a picture (and it will apply them to the next shot), or if the interface "freezes up" during capture (like Camranger does for example).

And no chance of an iOS port? Smile
(2013-11-23, 12:47)FilippoRivetti Wrote: [ -> ]There are times when it's very difficult if not impossible to manually change camera settings while taking a time-lapse.

I would like to use DslrDashboard in these cases, when the interval between shots is very small (like 1 second) or even when there is no interval (for example on a 10 seconds interval when the exposure time has reached 10 seconds).

I just wanted to ask if with DslrDashboard you can change settings while the camera is taking a picture (and it will apply them to the next shot), or if the interface "freezes up" during capture (like Camranger does for example).

And no chance of an iOS port? Smile

While the camera is in capture you can't change the settings, the camera dosn't allow it.
I'm working on a cross platform version (for now it works on Windows, Linux and Android).
Probably it will work on OSX and iOS to later (the network mode with Openwrt). But for this I will first need an OSX PC (right now I don't have founds for that) so maybe next year.
So I guess it's difficult to change camera settings with DslrDashboard when the interval between shots is very small (like 1 second), and impossible when the interval is 0?
(2013-11-23, 14:54)FilippoRivetti Wrote: [ -> ]So I guess it's difficult to change camera settings with DslrDashboard when the interval between shots is very small (like 1 second), and impossible when the interval is 0?

With Nikon it should go, when DD can't change the setting it will remember it and change it when the camera is available - in LRTimelapse screen (shutter speed, iso)
But it is very hard.