LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Photomatix 4.1 HDR Jpg Metadata Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi !

I've just downloaded LRTimelapse latest version 1.6.0 Beta 1 and I'm having problems with metadata or develop settings with my Photomatix 4.1 generated HDR jpgs (see screen grab).

LRTimelapse works ok when i use the single raw files (from my Canon 5D2) but as soon as I HDR three raw images the output jpgs cause problems.

I'm using Apple OS 10.6.8 (latest) and I'm writing the files (as directed) in Adobe Bridge / Camera Raw CS5. I also had the same problem when using Adobe Lightroom 3.5.

I've waited for the host applications to process and save all metadata (as far as i can see) but i still get the warning and my files / LRTimelapse are not working.

I've read the posts in the forum and i'm still scratching my head as to what i'm doing wrong. Please help !!!

No big deal - you could either let LRT repair them and go ahead or you dismiss the dialog and have a look at the table to find the missing values.
I don't know exactly your workflow - are you trying to use LRTimelapse on the already joined HDR images? Than you should fully re-initialize your metadata in LRT (right mouse, metadata-initialize) to start fresh without any preexistant develop settings.
Yes, I'm trying to use LRT on jpg images that have already been converted to hdr with Photomatix 4.1.

It concerns me that some of the metadata is missing as some of it is important. For instance, I may reduce the exposure by - 2 stops on the last image so that the timelapse sequence can be "Auto Transitioned" and gradually go darker. However, if the "Exposure" metadata value is missing in the first image LRT can't do this (see screen grab).

I've tried re-initialising the metadata in LRT 1.6.0 RC1 but i can't as there is no right click option (which would be Control click on my Mac mouse).

Any idea what's wrong ?
Hi, select the second rows in the table, right click onto it (ctrl click), "copy", go to the first row right click "paste whole xmp" and you are done.
I don't know why the first doesn't have metadata it seems like they have not been written by your preprocessing tool. (in lightroom sometimes filters lead to such a behavior)
Hi again, thanks for your fast support Smile

Yes, I agree, it's a problem with both Lightroom and Bridge (which is a little frustrating) ... but at least I now know it's not LRTimelapse ! Smile

Thanks for your help ... I'll see if I can get the Adobe applications to work properly for me ...
I sometimes have the problem as well that lightroom forgets to write some XMP. That's the main reason I implemented that "fix" wizard. There is a faq entry in the forum about this as well.
I'm slowing getting there Gunther ... But need a little more help please ... Smile

I delete the first jpg file that has the Exposure metadata missing so that I can "Auto Transition" my timelapse to darken as the sun sets. This seems to work ok in LRT.

However, as you can see, I've also tweaked the last image to warm up by +20 Temperature with +0 Tint. But when i "Auto Transition", only the Exposure values are transitioning - not the Temperature / Tint values too.

Any idea why ?

Oh ... and not that familiar with Adobe Lightroon on my Mac. Where exactly do I put the downloaded preset file for Adobe Lightroom (LRTimelapse - basic__.lrtemplate) and what do i do with it. Smile

Please help !!! Smile
Okay, please follow the workflow, than everything will work:

1. Select whole table, right click, initialize metadata
  2. Save
  3. Go to lightroom
  4. Go to Grid View (G), select everything (Ctrl-A), Read metadata from Files
  5. make your changes to the first and last image of the sequence (you can change "keyframes" inbetween as well, please mark them with the 1-star-rating, if you do this.
  6. Save metadata for all images in Lightroom
  7. go back to LRTimelapse
  8. reload
  9. now you can apply the auto-transition and everything should be fine.
  10. Save changes
  11. Back in Lightroom reload metadata for all images (see above)
  12. Export video
If you work that way you don't need the basic preset.

The problem was that you started with uninitialized values - so for example the whitebalance was not set for the most of the images (look at the empty cells in the table in your screenshot).

Have fun!
Gunther
Hooray ! It all works !

I chose to export my images from Lightroom to my desktop and then create the timelapse in Quicktime 7 Pro.

Thanks for your support. Much appreciated ...