LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: First HG Shoot today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am fairly new to TL and LRTimelapse, so I wanted to pose a question about a shoot I plan to do today. I am going to photograph a sequence from a bridge that overlooks the city, river, and football stadium. I want to do a sequence today from before and through sunset with the stadium and its lights.

I am excited about LRTimelapse and how easy it will make the editing. I don't have a USB OTG cable yet, so I will have to manually change the settings. I shoot with a d800 and plan to shoot in manual mode. The thought would be to adjust the shutter and the iso as needed. I would initially thought to shoot every 5 seconds, but worry about being able to adjust things that quickly. Should I go to 10 seconds? I plan to shoot for a 2 hour period of time. Sunset is at 4:33, so I was going to start roughly at 3:30 and go til 5:15 or 5:30.

So, here are my questions about shooting:

1. start in lowest iso, correct?
2. raise it 2 steps at a time?
3. Is it better to reduce the shutter than iso? I would think so.
4. Any idea how much adjustments I would need to make during such a shoot?
5. What other items should I be thinking about for such a shoot?

Thanks in advance! And thanks to Gunter, I am very impressed with the software, his level of support and education for the community!

David Morel
try 6 seconds interval, should give you enough time
Quote:1. start in lowest iso, correct?
yes
Quote:2. raise it 2 steps at a time?
try 2 clicks (2/3 stops) at a time

Quote:Is it better to reduce the shutter than iso? I would think so.
Start with shutter, until you reach 3 seconds, then you still have 3 seconds for adjusting. Then raise the ISO.

Quote:4. Any idea how much adjustments I would need to make during such a shoot?
It depends - you will see... ;-)

Quote:5. What other items should I be thinking about for such a shoot?
Use an external intervalometer since the D800's internal one won't give you that much time for the adjustments.
Make sure you have a stable tripod and pray that the bridge does not swing! ;-)

Quote:Thanks in advance! And thanks to Gunter, I am very impressed with the software, his level of support and education for the community!
You are welcome. Make sure to post the result and your experiences in the showroom!

Best
Gunther
Thank you! I am a little overwhelmed but excited to try it out! Toughest part might be finding a parking place near the stadium! :-)

Thanks again!