LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Connecting to Canon5DMIII and seeing JPEGs on Nexus Tablet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings from Pacific coast of Costa Rica,
I have bought the Nexus Tablet, the TP link router, and am running the eMotimo Black, connected to a Canon 5D MIII.
The camera connects intermittantly through the router with the typical message being that it cannot connect. So lets just say I can accept that since I can wire the tablet to the camera but its too bad.
When I check download JPEG after next exposure. It only works sometimes. Do I have a setting incorrect? It makes the APP completely useless since I cant see the images with a histogram to adjust. It ruined a sunset timelapse tonight.
Additionally I read all the instructions about wanting to shoot wide open aperature but it is not practical day to night. How do I open aperature after I start LRTimelapse mode? I was just going to the APP not in LRTimelapse piece to open shutter wider with falling light.
Bottom line, I need to see the JPEGs on the tablet with the histogram or the APP and Nexus dont help me.
I shoot all my Professional Architecture work tethered to a MAC Book Pro through canons EOS utility which is pretty bulletproof but then I have battery issues of laptop and dragging it around.
Thank you in advance.
Tom
First regarding the Connection Issues over Wifi, I assume you did not configure / update the router correctly.
You might want to check out the video tutorial one of the users did: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-vide...3040--3752

When in LRTimelapse mode make sure to give the camera enough time between closing the shutter and the next shot. 2 Seconds is minimum! In that time the jpg will be transferred and the camera will get commands from the nexus. If the time is too short, things will mess up - especially with canon cameras.

Clicking on "disply next jpg" will give you exacly one readout. After that the checkbox will be deactivated and you will have to activate it again.

After you set longest shutter (Interval-2Secs, see above!) and highest ISO you can check "Auto-Holy Grail" - this will do the adjustments automatically.

Changing the Aperture while shooting is generally a bad idea because you will get different depth of field and vignetting, therefore it's not supported in the LRTimelapse mode of DDB.

If you are on Canon you can use the twisted lens technique to be able to use closed apertures without flicker. Just set the aperture, click the Depth of Field preview on the camera, hold and unlock the lens, slightly detach by rotating. Please take care to remember to lock the lens again after shooting, I take no responsibilities for this! ;-)
Tom,

I have both the Mark II and Mark III. I'm not going to comment on your current issue, but suggest you be very careful and read my post shown in the link below. I killed my Mark II and now afraid of using my Mark III. I think my post will explain.

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-warn...5d-mark-ii

good luck,