LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: How to use Auto Holy Grail with DslrDashboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Are you referring to ramping with DslrDashboard or another app/device? The shutter speed will fluctuate a bit as the ISO raises, almost like shifting major gears on a bicycle and still going through minor ones again. DslrDashboard will also not change exposure until at least every 3rd frame for less flicker and also to allow LRTimelapse to recognize the shifts.
This I know that there has to be a couple of frames.

The EV meter was at "zero" when I started at 1/125, iso 100 and f11

First the camera changed all the way to 8" exposure and the histogram looked fine, then when it was supposed to start to ramp the iso up it did it much slower and the EV meter showed some significant under exposure.

I'm just asking if this is normal?

I have disabled aperture ramping btw.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Forget the EV meter when it gets dark. It just doesn't work right anymore. It's the histogram that matters, that's why auto holy grail uses it for measuring.

Sent mobile with Tapatalk.
Ok great!
Will try again today.

What is the smoothest way to adjust the histogram then?
Plus/minus on the reference?

I HAVE watched all your videos.

Yes, adjusting the reference is the way to go. If you feel, images get too bright just tap once or twice on minus for the reference. It will take a bit for the changes to get visible.

Does reference plus or minus make the image darker?

What does what so to speak?

Figured it out through other threads here on the forum, but I have one last issue, I can't increase the iso myself during interval shooting, I have to end the intervalometer. Increase and then resume.

While in Auto Holy Grail, you shouldn't change settings manually. Just use reference minus if you want darker images and plus for brighter ones.

Affirmative, I disabled auto holy grail when it was basically as dark as it gets, but the strange thing is the fact that I had to disable my intervalometer timer to be able to raise the iso manualy.

I think then the camera was blocked because the exposure time was to long. Check out my intervalometer hack in the faq!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12