LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: How to use Auto Holy Grail with DslrDashboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I'll try, but will take some time. When done I will post the results...

Raldi
Hi, I have just set myself up with the DSLR dashboard and a TP link on my Nikon D810 using a 17-35 f2.8 lens. The D810 has a new exposure smoothing setting in its internal intevalometer. Has anybody got any experience of using this and does it eliminate the flicker problem?
I have just started using DSLR dashboard using a Nikon D810, TP link and an iPad. I have noticed that the percentage is not displayed next to the floating average and Reference like it is in your video is this correct?
Many Thanks
Rob
We changed this.
OK, Thanks Gunther
Is it ok to close your iPad after starting the Auto Holy Grail or will this break the connection to the camera connected via TP Link ?
Thanks Rob
As the % display is no longer there for the floating average and reference. How is it adjusted now?

Thanks

Rob
I'm not sure if the latest version on iOS supports putting the device to sleep, I know that this works on Android, but you should try it by yourself on iOS. If it does not work, just leave the screen on (you might have to configure the iPad to not turn off the screen.

Regarding the % question: there are still the Avg and Reference values, they are used for determining when to adjust. The % values where just additional and not helping that much, I think that's why Zoltan removed them.
Thanks Gunther
I own a licensed copy of LRTimelapse and am very happy with its functionality. I have a personal project to do much more timelapse shooting this year. I use Nikon equipment (D800, D7100 and various D200 and D7100 IR converted cameras) and will own a D750 soon. I use a wired intervalometer (MC-36) for timing my sequences. My plan is to do several "Holy Grail" sequences this year and I am intrigued with the DSLRDashboard app.

Could you please outline exactly what I need in terms of equipment to use my D800, D7100 and D200 bodies in conjunction with DSLRDashboard. When the D750 comes along I will have WiFi capability but currently do not. I don't want to break the bank to acquire what I need but will buy what is absolutely necessary. I am not in the habit of buying something with the mindset of upgrading at a later date. I would rather purchase the necessary equipment from the outset.

As for intervalometers is it necessary to have a high end tool such as Timelapse+ or are the 3rd part wired brands acceptable?

My next purchase will be an eMotimo TB3.

Thanks for your help

Dave Lindey
Niagara Region Canada
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12