LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: android tablet/canon Mark III connection requirements?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
About to buy generic android tablet solely for control of mark 3, but realized i have an ignorance of android tablets.

What output connection should the Android have, to enable connection to the 5D?
Or do ALL andoid tablets have the same connection, meaning I only need to also add the little wire jobby that Gunther notes?

thanks!
Your connection from the Tablet to the Router will be WiFi (wireless). No connector will be used. I use a 5DM2 and 5DM3 with the Nexus 7 tablet.

If you want to use a wired connection (how 1990s), all Android tablets have a micro USB connector. I don't have personal experience here, but many others do.

Rich
thanks for the reply.
yes, i want to be 1990!
i don't want to deal with wireless connectivity issues.
:-)

i'm looking at a 60 buck android no-name tablet, which i'm guessing would input into the mark 3 via the mini-usb input on the camera body. or do i still need the USB-OTG cable as noted by Gunther?

If you want to use a wired connection (how 1990s), all Android tablets have a micro USB connector. I don't have personal experience here, but many others do.
You need the otg support and cable if you want to go wired. Make sure to buy a tablet that supports OTG!