LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Export Resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone

Just a short introduction as I'm new. I'm a full time landscape photographer based in South Africa. I decided to go into video and timelapse late last year and I'm loving it. I had all my gear (Two D800's and 4 lenses) stolen at gunpoint while doing a twilight timelapse of the Johannesburg skyline on Sunday, but insurance should replace everything in a week or two and I'll get right back to it. I've been shooting lots over the holiday, but the editing learning curve starts now.

I've got one question so far, but I'm sure more will follow. Please be patient!

When exporting the files for render from Lightroom, it seems a bit wasteful to export full resolution files as it takes forever? Isn't it more practical to reduce the size of the images closer to the desired video export resolution instead of exporting massive 36mp jpegs?

Thanks in advance!

Hougaard
Hi Malan,
when exporting JPG they will get exported in 4K, when doing TIFF they will get exported in 6K.
As you can see, it's not 36MP that get exorted. But anyway - Lightroom does not take longer to export bigger files... It just takes long - yes. But you can start multiple export processes for different sequeces at the same time to speed things up.
The reason to export rather big intermediate files is, that that way you can always rerender a video in a bigger or smaller resolution from within LRTimelapse by choosing those intermediate sequences and that will be very fast. So if you decide to export a sequence in 4K for selling, just go for it - no need to go the lightroom route again.

Hope you get everythig back from insurance - take care!
All the best
Gunther