LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Hue change after match exposures in hg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy new year!
After matching the total exposures of the 2-3 stars keyframes of a holy-grail step, I often noticed an annoying change of hue (typically in the sky), that is very difficult to eliminate, and very visible in the sequence.
Initially, I thought that this was due to a selective color clipping if the sequence was dragged too much into clipping the histogram ( i.e. waiting too much before changing the exposure), but now I noticed the defect also in two pics where all the histogram was kept well within the dynamic range of the camera.

Any clue?
The Holy Grail algorithm only touches the exposure - normally such changes are indeed because of clipping. The might as well be introduced by other edits you did on the keyframes in Lightroom.

You could try to edit the sequence again, apply the auto holy grail, then when editing the 4* keyframes only pull back the highlights to ease any potential clipping. Try if that helps. You might as well send a screenshot of the 2*/3* comparison...
Thanks for the quick reply!
I attach the screenshot. Both histograms seems far from clipping.. and no other editing was done yet.
Changing the temperature will help, but I was trying to understand the reason of the change as general rule for the future.
If we use the auto hg, can we also edit 2*/3* keyframes? (except exp, of course...)

(2014-01-16, 10:11)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]The Holy Grail algorithm only touches the exposure - normally such changes are indeed because of clipping. The might as well be introduced by other edits you did on the keyframes in Lightroom.

You could try to edit the sequence again, apply the auto holy grail, then when editing the 4* keyframes only pull back the highlights to ease any potential clipping. Try if that helps. You might as well send a screenshot of the 2*/3* comparison...