LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: LRTimelapse-basic preset for Lightroom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunther ...

I'm trying to apply the suggested basic workflow for timelapses using LRTimelapse and Adobe Lightroom.

In step 2 (see screen grab), you suggest to "apply the LRTimelapse-basic preset to initialize all paramaters" on Import to Lightroom.

I've downloaded the zipped "LRTimelapse_Basic-LR-Preset" file for Adobe Lightroom from the download page but not quite sure where i need to put it on my Mac. Can you help ?

I know you also suggested I could initialize all metadata in LRTimelapse (as some of my metadata was missing), but wouldn't it be quicker and easier to initialize in Adobe Lightroom on Import ?

Your help would again be much appreciated. Thanks ...
Hi, it's up to you if you initialize in LRTimelapse or in Lightroom (with basic preset).
I prefer LRTimelapse: Before even importing in Lightroom, open your sequence in LRT, initialize metadata via the wizard and save. Now import in Lightroom (if the images already are in the catalog, read XMP-metadata from files). Now you are safe to go.

The other way, via the basic preset starts in Lightroom - it's a develop-preset, you can add it in the presets section on the left (I guess right mouse on User Presets, but I currently don't have a Lightroom here)