LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: PocketSlider - is anybody using this product ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi group,

I've just joined the forum yesterday. A great platform with a lot of valuable information.

I am a DSO (deepsky object) photographer and recently got interested in TL.

Here are a few sample DSO images I did recently

The Crescent and the recently discovered Soap Bubble Nebulae - Narrowband composite of Ha, OIII, SII wavelengths
[Image: NGC6888_amp_Soap-Bubble-HST.jpg]

The Eagle Nebula - Narrowband Ha only
[Image: Mean_M16_HA_PI__HT_HDR_PS__LCE_FALSECOLOR.jpg]

Leo Triplet - shot with modified Canon 550D
[Image: Leo_Triplet2_PI_PS_annotated2_CR_sans_spikes.jpg]

Whirlpool Galaxy - shot with modified Canon 550D
[Image: M511_DBE_clone_DBE_clonecr.jpg]

Please feel free to remove these images if you consider them OT.

Back to my question, I am planning to buy a MSM slider system and wondering if anybody is using this product - The Pocket Slider. I will appreciate the feedback of the actual users if there are any.

Best wishes

Sedat
Istanbul - Turkey
The TL videos of a budding TL imager
Great images, I assume, you shot them through a telescope with guding and stacked them?

Regardig Pocketslidee - I haven't used it yet. Maybe someone else...
(2014-02-12, 00:39)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Great images, I assume, you shot them through a telescope with guding and stacked them?

Regardig Pocketslidee - I haven't used it yet. Maybe someone else...

Hi Gunther,

Thank you.

Yes, I have shot them through a Takahashi FSQ106EDXIII Apo refractor (focal length 530mm @ f/5) and stacked. The first one is a total of 13 hours for example, with 30 minute long subframes.

Re Pocketslider, the price seemed quite reasonable to me at less than Euros 500, however I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Currently, I have a Skywatcher All-View mount, a beefier Merlin maybe, for this purpose, which gives me TB3 like functionality. I can adapt it to a manual slider to give the linear motion ability as well. This was my original plan but when I noticed the Pocketslider at that price, I thought maybe I shouldn't spend my time for an awkward looking and bulky adaptation.

Thanks again and best regards

Sedat

PS The interested parties can see my astro images here. The gallery needs to be re organized though. There are good images and bad images there... but they are all mine and show my progress Smile
A dreadful silence Sad

It seems I will be the Guinea Pig for the rest of the community Smile

When I have it, I will let you know how it performs then.

Sedat
Hello ,

I am also interested in buying the pocketslider.
Have you tested one already ? Is it worth buying ?

Julian
Julian, I used it only once so far. It works perfectly. When I received it, I made a TL with it immediately --> https://vimeo.com/90263628
Hi, could you share some experience with the pocket slider now as you probably tried it out some more?
I'm serious considering buying one!