LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: LRTimelapse won't start on mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Get and install the latest version of LRTimelapse!
Before trying other things please make sure you downloaded and installed the latest version of LRTimelapse from http://lrtimelapse.com/download

Make sure you installed the LRTimelapse App into the Applications folder.

Unidentified Developer
If you get "Unidentified Developer" message from the GateKeeper in OS-X Mountain Lion, right click on the App and select "open". This happens because Apple is consequently expanding it's proprietary closed shop approach. You can find details about this here here.

Low Memory
By default LRTimelapse tries to allocate 2GB of RAM. If your machine has only less than 2GB of free RAM LRTimelapse won't start.

On a mac you can easily change the amount of RAM reserved.

Right click on LRTimelapse icon -> show contents. Find the file info.plist and open with the associated editor. Change the parameter -Xmx to a lower value.

Save and close.

Now LRTimelapse reserves less RAM but could as well run into memory problems later when you try to open large sequences.

Nothing helps!
Please open the Console (Utilities), click on "Clear Display", type LRT into the Serch field in the top right, now try launching LRTimelapse again.
Copy the whole output in the console window and send it to support (at) lrtimelapse (dot) com via EMail.
I am having the same problem can you please be more specific? I have managed to find the xmx parameter you were talking about. This is what it looks like.

- VMOptions -Xms512m -Xmx2048m

First of all what would i change and what would i change it to. Second when i have selected random numbers and tried to "save" the changes it wants to save it as a random file somewhere on my computer rather than just saving the changes.
Id love to get this program working. Thanks for your help.

(2011-12-28, 11:53)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]By default LRTimelapse tries to allocate 2GB of RAM. If your machine has only less than 2GB of free RAM LRTimelapse won't start.
On a mac you can easily change the amount of RAM reserved.

Right click on LRTimelapse icon -> show contents. Find the file info.plist and open with the associated editor. Change the parameter -Xmx to a lower value.

Save and close.

Now LRTimelapse reserves less RAM but could as well run into memory problems later when you try to open large sequences.

(2012-04-23, 20:36)proctor Wrote: [ -> ]I am having the same problem can you please be more specific? I have managed to find the xmx parameter you were talking about. This is what it looks like.

- VMOptions -Xms512m -Xmx2048m

Try changing it to -Xms512m -Xmx1600m for example. This will allocate in maximum 1.6GB of ram. You could even try and go lower. Please make sure to decrease the size auf the previews in LRTimelapse as well (in the Settings Dialog) so that less memory is allocated per single picture.
Just had the same problem - running out of memory...
I did increase the right value on 4096 and now it works with 7381 pics :-)

Cheers
Norbert
Using LRTimelapse I noticed the Mem Free:0 message
I have 32 GB of RAM in my Mac Pro.
How do I proceed?
all info in this thread. what else do you need?
(2012-08-01, 22:25)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]all info in this thread. what else do you need?

4GB assigned, now working like a charm!
Hi - I'm new to LRtimelapse, just bought LR 2 beta 2 - all is working fine but getting the 0 memory message in the corner after a period of time, but it carry's on loading OK - followed the fix as listed - but in the info.plist I can't find the value to change?? I guess I'm misssing something here.

I have a 2x2 2.26GHHz Quad-Core intel 16 GB RAM
Mac OS 10.6.8
Java version 1.6.0.33
If you open the info.plist in the text editor there should be a setting saying -Xmx2048m. Just increase the number to how much RAM you think you will be able to provide in maximum. For example -Xmx4096m
You could increase the -Xms as well a bit.
Don't change the rest of the file. This is the relevant part:
Code:
<key>Java</key>
    <dict>
        <key>WorkingDirectory</key>
        <string>$APP_PACKAGE/Contents/Resources/Java</string>
        <key>VMOptions</key>
        <string>-client -Xms1024m -Xmx4096m</string>
Change this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        <key>MainClass</key>
        <string>lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp</string>
        <key>JVMVersion</key>
        <string>1.5+</string>
        <key>ClassPath</key>
        <string>$JAVAROOT:$JAVAROOT/LRTimelapse.jar</string>
(2012-08-22, 00:40)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]If you open the info.plist in the text editor there should be a setting saying -Xmx2048m. Just increase the number to how much RAM you think you will be able to provide in maximum. For example -Xmx4096m
You could increase the -Xms as well a bit.
Don't change the rest of the file. This is the relevant part:
Code:
<key>Java</key>
    <dict>
        <key>WorkingDirectory</key>
        <string>$APP_PACKAGE/Contents/Resources/Java</string>
        <key>VMOptions</key>
        <string>-client -Xms1024m -Xmx4096m</string>
Change this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        <key>MainClass</key>
        <string>lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp</string>
        <key>JVMVersion</key>