LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Flicker problem caused by car headlights?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, this is my first post here, and I have a deflickering problem which I hope you can advise me on.

I shot a sunrise timelapse last summer showing a busy bridge in London as the sun came up. I processed the sequence as normal using the Deflicker workflow, and it worked beautifully except for the first part. This is the darkest part of the shoot, pre-dawn, and I wonder if the car headlights are causing the flickering/exposure problems which are proving impossible to get rid of. Once it gets a little lighter and the cars switch their headlights off the sequence is very smooth with no flicker.

Has anyone else had this problem, or thinks it somehow may be due to the bright headlights?

For the record, I shot Auto ISO, f8, with the lens contacts disconnected, so this should have eliminated any shutter flicker. My reference area was a portion of neutral sky.

If you have any thoughts or ideas I would be very grateful. Thanks.
Auto ISO?? That's not the best idea, since it might shift the iso because of the car's lights leading to hard to remove ficker.
Please make sure to set the reference are to an area that is not affected from the lights, check my Deflicker Tutorial if in doubt. http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial
If that's not sufficient try the 2 pass deflicker.