LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Shaky zoom-in ? Any clues ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I shot some RAW videos with my 6D camera and 15mm Fisheye lens. Magic Lantern firmware is loaded on this camera. Instead of actually shooting each frame, I am recording a movie sequence then extracting the frames from it to construct my time lapse. This saves the shutter life as I only use the shutter once per movie.

After this lengthy introduction, let me share my problem with you: if you kindly watch this TL movie you will see that around 00:19, the scenery starts shaking as if the camera was moved by the wind. Actually, this is not the case. Here is a fixed crop version of the same frames where there is no shake at all.

I have used zooming in and zooming out before with great success and observed no shake at all. Here is an example.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Sedat
Did you animate the crop with LRTimelapse/Lightroom? I wouldn't recommend doing this since LR rounds to full pixels when cropping and since you obviously shot video, you only have small resolution.
BTW: I wouldn't recommend the approach with Video since you won't be able to do longer exposure times as 1/30 sec. and like you see the resolution is very low. Don't fear to stress your shutter...
Gunther,

Yes, I am animating the crop with LRT/LR.
I think you are spot on with the resolution issue. I was suspecting that too... these jumps never happened with my full res RAW image TLs. The resolution is something like 1808x1216.

I will take your advice and shoot RAW images.

Thanks

Sedat
Yes and please consider animating the Zoom in video processing. The encoder might fail otherwise as well.
Will do, thanks!