LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Magic Lantern for Sunset Holy Grail Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone speak from experience how well Magic Lantern performs for sunset (day to night) transitions? Bulb ramping is the mode for Holy Grail mode right?

I've briefly experimented with this and was frustrated that it only ramped ISO. I'd rather it ramped the shutter time up to 30 seconds before upping the ISO, and only then going up to 3200. I want the night sky images to look perfect and it seems like most people are stopping their sequence before these night images kick in. Perhaps I need to study the ML manual further but thus far I'm frustrated with it and curious to know if anyone has completely mastered it.
I suggest using the LRTimelapse Holy Grail Method with the discrete steps (adjustments of 1/3, 2/3 or full stops) rather then trying to ramp continuously. Check my Holy Grail Tutorial video!
Thanks Gunther - your tutorials are fantastic and I have watched the one on Holy Grail mode. But my question has more to do with shooting the actual sequence in Canon cameras using the Magic Lantern firmware software. The Magic Lantern software in these cameras is a very promising and complex intervalometer so I'd love to hear from someone that's mastered it.