LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Wireless Live-View + Camera-Shutter-Release / DslrDashboard, MR3040, Nikon D800
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

it does not seem to be possible to use wirelessly Live-View and at the same time the shutter release of the Nikon D800E. 'Hubaitz' answered me already in the german forum: 'It is not a DslrDashboard limitation but a camera one. When live view is enabled the camera does not allow to initiate with the capture button or with a remote release.' So I do not know if this is constructive, to put this issue from the german forum again on the table in the english section, but maybe you have an alternative idea how to 'bypass' the stubborn Nikon-Software of the D800E. I would be very happy. I also just found out that the Nikon-WMU-App has a butten to switch between a 'Camera-Control-Mode' and an 'App-Control-Mode' which i guess does not effect the LifeView-Picture at the same time. Could this be also an option and alternative way for DslrDashboard -to put a switching-butten into it)? And I have to admit that I wrote to the CamRangerPeople: 'Is it possible to use the shutter release of a Nikon D800E while using the CamRanger-Live-View to have an external Live-View-Picture on a tablet and at the same time an external shutter release on the camera'). And they answered: 'Yes you can use something else in the shutter release port.' Did the CamRangerPeople were not aware of this Nikon-D800E-Compatibility-Problem or did they understand me wrong? I do not have any experiences with the CamRanger and I have no experience with the Nikon-WMU-App either, but after all, this information made me hope that there still is a little chance to make it happen: Wireless LiveView and the Camera-Shutter-Release at the same time. So if you get new inspiration or see another way to handle this. please let me know. all the best wishes.

piselipi (victor)
As I wrote already, after the camera enters live view in response to the command sent from the application the camera is the one that does blocks the camera release button. So I don't see how could I change that.
It's a terrible pity that the Nikon-Software does not give us the option.
Nevertheless thank you very much for your answer and support!
All the best wishes!
Victor