LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: LRTimelaspe 1.6 won't recognize metadata from LR 3.6 on mac.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed LR version 3.6 and LRT version 1.6 on my mac running OS 10.6.8. LRT seems to have some issues recognizing metadata. I have a timelaspe folder with .jpegs in my pictures folder under my user, which I have loaded into LRT. First I installed the basic presets and slideshow presets in LR by dragging them into the doc icon for LR from my downloads window. LR seemed to accept this. Once in LRT I opened my picture files and allowed the program to interpret metadata. Back in LR I imported my pictures and loaded the metadata, then developed my first shot and synced my settings to all, then developed just my last shot and resaved metadata to all.

My problem starts here. in LRT I reloaded my settings but the window to the right, as well as the viewer do not accept the development settings I just made in LR. The box to the right does show the numeric changes, but the box saying "hide unchaged properties" concealed this at first and I had to uncheck the box to see my developed metadata. The odd thing is that the view shows the default metadata and when I clicked autotransition the default settings wrote over the developed settings. I saved and when I reloaded the metadata settings back in LR the default metadata from LRT overwrites my development settings in LR.

Please help!
I'm pretty sure that's no bug... Wink

Try the following:

In LRTimelapse:
Initialized your metadata in LRTimelapse as first step (Select all in table, than right click initialize Metadata - if so you don't need the basic preset)

Save

In Lightroom:
Grid View -> Select all -> load Metadata from files
Develop first, Save (Ctrl-S)
develop last, Save (Ctrl-S)

In LRT:
Reload

Now you should only see the changed parameters in the table (if Checkbox hide unchanged props is checked), all the rest is still on default.

Now apply one of the transitions, you see the curve change and the values change.
Save.

In Lightroom:
Load Metadata for all files
Export Video.

Please let me know if it works for you.

I followed your instructions but LRT still does not recognize the metadata coming from LR with the many synchronized frames and the one final frame. Could there be a setting in LR that I need to change that would alter the metadata?

(2012-01-05, 02:00)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure that's no bug... Wink

Try the following:

In LRTimelapse:
Initialized your metadata in LRTimelapse as first step (Select all in table, than right click initialize Metadata - if so you don't need the basic preset)

Save

In Lightroom:
Grid View -> Select all -> load Metadata from files
Develop first, Save (Ctrl-S)
develop last, Save (Ctrl-S)

In LRT:
Reload

Now you should only see the changed parameters in the table (if Checkbox hide unchanged props is checked), all the rest is still on default.

Now apply one of the transitions, you see the curve change and the values change.
Save.

In Lightroom:
Load Metadata for all files
Export Video.

Please let me know if it works for you.

(2012-01-05, 05:14)Victorine Wrote: [ -> ]I followed your instructions but LRT still does not recognize the metadata coming from LR with the many synchronized frames and the one final frame. Could there be a setting in LR that I need to change that would alter the metadata?

Sorry but I didn't write anything about synchronizing. Are you sure you followed my instructions carefully?

The only setting in Lightroom that could severly affect the workflow is the automatic writing of XMP-Metadata. Either in the catalog settings or in the preferences is a setting that tells Lightroom to instantly write metadata upon development changes. Please make sure that this ist turned off!