LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: LRTimelapse 1.6.1 crash report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using lrtimelapse for about a week now with no issues. as soon as I downloaded the update when I go to select a folder of files the Exiftool screen pops up blank and the program locks up and crashes.

Here is the log that I receive in an attachment. I cannot figure out what it is. I updated java as well.

[attachment=60]
That's really weird, looks like the java VM totaly crashed. Could you give me some more details about what you did and if it is reproducible? Does it occur on every folder?
My first idea would be a corrupt image although that definitely should not happen.
Well I believe I downloaded the latest version about a week ago which was 1.6 at the time. I used that to create about 6 sample timelapeses and it worked pretty well. I was trying to help my friend figure out how to use it so I was going to make a screen cast of how to move through the workflow so I installed my screen capture program snagit 10. When I started up lrtimelapse is asked me to download 1.6.1 so I downloaded and restarted lrtimelapse in 1.6.1. After starting up lrtimelapse I tried to load a folder and the two popup screens came up that usually did. One for the metadata creator and one called Exiftool something. The Exiftool was a completely blank window that could not be exited from and then the program would hang for 45 seconds and then crash. I tried numerous folders of timelapses that I had already completed to no prevail. I restored my system to before I installed snagit which still did not fix. I was looking on the forum for anything similar and seen something about reinstalling java for an issue so i tried that but still no fix.
I wound up just restoring my computer to factory settings and starting from scratch because other stuff was being quirky. I tested LRtimelapse today and it works!
Glad you could sort that out. I could imagine that the video capture plugin screwed something up - that kind of software sometimes makes strange things... I always use http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/ for this purposes.